Monster Rides ReKon Suspension for Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everyone

Just wondering how much height people with spanish built D40 are getting with this supension lift.

I have HD springs with a bullbar and winch fitted, SPC UCA and with the coils on their lowest setting i am maxed out on alignment, but with in factory specs i.e. maxed out negative on the upper arms but still 0.5+

Also has anyone installed offset lower contol arm bushes?

selling Monster rides stage 1 kit with h/duty springs and Dobinson leafs m/duty and SPC UCA'S shackles u bolts for d40 stx 2.5 manual $2500 firm less than 5000k old selling vehicle

Just put the Monster Rides lift in my STX 550, Matt recommended the SAX rear leaves to compliment it and I have to say the whole package works beautifully, definitely not a harsh ride, while at the same time the car sits flat in corners and feels controlled.
I honestly haven't been as satisfied with a lift kit before, its how Nissan should have made the car from factory.
Havent dialled in any height as yet (adjusters wound all the way to the bottom of the strut), will get around to that this weekend, then i'll get some pics up.

Highly recommended!

Just put the Monster Rides lift in my STX 550, Matt recommended the SAX rear leaves to compliment it and I have to say the whole package works beautifully, definitely not a harsh ride, while at the same time the car sits flat in corners and feels controlled.
I honestly haven't been as satisfied with a lift kit before, its how Nissan should have made the car from factory.
Havent dialled in any height as yet (adjusters wound all the way to the bottom of the strut), will get around to that this weekend, then i'll get some pics up.

Highly recommended!

Hey Rich,

Good to hear the kit has worked out well for you Mate.

Has the front end settled much? Done many miles on the kit yet?

Adjusted it again for any more height?

Cheers,
Matt

Nathan,

Fair play Mate... you have some firm opinions and thats fair enough.

From our end we are in the business of developing quality IFS systems for trucks that have maximum travel, good ride quality and quality components... we try to think outside the box a little.
We aren't just on here to make a quick buck from people and bullshit about things that we haven't developed properly yet.
As far as "bragging" about what we have... well maybe, but it's not really our style. We let the products do the talking and our business has grown form word of mouth and the feedback on forums like this.
There is no-where to hide in internet forum land... too many clever blokes like yourself who will spot the BS and mile away and call a spade a spade.

We take our time with our R&D and this means that we don't get our products to market as fast as others... but this isn't a big concern to us.

If we were all that worried about instant sales I would have finished our website months ago... and as guys who have bought form us will tell you return emails quicker and all that important sales stuff.

Until we have this Navara kit 100% sorted we will continue to work at it and post up developments as they come to hand.
As we have worked on it we have thought of different ways to do things and trialled a few of them with success, and failure as well.
It's all aprt of the fun of R&D.

We have developed a height adjustable front coilover that is good for 4" of lift and 3" of down travel, but it needs a UCA to make that happen.
In the meantime guys can buy the Stage 1 kit and get the benefits of up to a 3" lift and then add the UCA later (or buy anyone of the other companies UCA's available now) and use the extra lift if required.

As far as I know no one else in the local market offers a height adjustable coilover for the D40? It means you can have 50mm, 51mm, 55mm, 60mm, 75mm etc of lift... exactly the amount you wish to dial in.
And as the coil sags you can nip the lift up a touch to maintain your ride height. Other "static" lifts of 40mm or 50mm don't offer this so your lift will sag and you don't have a lot of options to solve it other then replacing the coil, or spacing the coil seats... both require the removal and re-working of the coilover. Expensive and time consuming.

Downtravel has not been compromised by the height, as our coilover doesn't top out on full droop. Notice how it's threaded all the way to the bottom of the strut, it doesn't even leave room for a sticker or branding!

There is more to buying a kit than travel, but that said it is very important on a IFS set up.

The D40 offers some specific design constraints and design challenges, but we think we have a pretty solid 4" kit pretty much sorted, but might be able to get some more out of it with a few extra tweaks for those blokes after more lift... all in good time and with plenty of testing still to come.

Everyone who has bought this kit of us so far is really happy with the flex and performance of the kit, as are we.

I honestly have no flex or droop photos other than those shown so far, as soon as I get some I'll post them up for you.

As an open forum it is great to get everyones opinion and throw ideas around.
I will agree to disagree with you on the points you raise on Swaybars and flex...
Again with all due respect I don't know your background, qualifications or expertise... but I can assure you that the team of guys at MR are really clever and astute suspension experts and as we have shown with the Hilux kit can deliver suspension kits that deliver lift, wheel travel, ride quality and performance not before seen in IFS vehicles.

We need a little more time to get this kit sorted then by all means critique it and pick it to pieces.
I'm pretty confident we will offer something new, unique and that will stand up to any comparison.

There is no bullshit with us, we offer a money back guarantee to anyone not happy with the kit... as well as a 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty on all the rest of our gear.

Time will tell Mate if we have something worthwhile to offer all you D40 guys, so far so good and I'm pumped to release the UCA's and get the most out of these trucks.

Cheers,
Matt
Hey mat I have to be honest I'm not happy with my ride as I haveva Spanish d40 had to take it out straight away,

Morning everyone

Just wondering how much height people with spanish built D40 are getting with this supension lift.

I have HD springs with a bullbar and winch fitted, SPC UCA and with the coils on their lowest setting i am maxed out on alignment, but with in factory specs i.e. maxed out negative on the upper arms but still 0.5+

I'll measure mine against a mates D40 which is stock

Morning everyone

Ive installed some offset adj LCA bushes (That was the worst job ive ever done!!! you dont even want to know what I had to do to my LCA's), still running just under about 0.98 positive camber, I havent done put in any after market UCA's as ive been waiting for a good after market pair or the MR ones because I knew i was going to want more lift, I also spoke to peddars about suspension stuff as I know a guy down my way there. They had a UCA/balljoint in development but afaik its not being produced yet and was going to be quite expensive.

Robdar said:
Hey mat I have to be honest I'm not happy with my ride as I haveva Spanish d40 had to take it out straight away,

So your not happy with it? what is it that you didnt like? handling, comfort, travel. Im sure MR would appreciate some constructive feed back. As a prospect customer I would also. Hearing nothing but good things gets you suspicious!

Last edited:

Rob,

How are you mate... haven't heard from you in ages.

Care to elaborate on your comment?

It would be more beneficial if we can have the whole story of what happened with your truck explained, I'll give you an opportunity to provide details on what happened with your truck so we can see both sides of the story and people can make up there own minds on what has taken place.

I had wondered what happened to you... I never heard back form you and assumed that you sorted out the issues you had with your truck.

Anyway we are here to help with anything we can, feel free to give me a call or email.

Cheers,
Matt

Hey Matt ill have to touch base with you soon for a chat. Sent an email before you got caught up with tuff truck.

Any news on the UCA's or are you still recommending the other ones ATM. Cheers

Dion

Hey Rich,

Good to hear the kit has worked out well for you Mate.

Has the front end settled much? Done many miles on the kit yet?

Adjusted it again for any more height?

Cheers,
Matt

It is a shame that you are recommending SAX Matt, they talked me out of purchasing your coilovers for the front of my Nav. John had nothing good to say about your product and was adamant that I would be an idiot for purchasing your products as your valving and spring rates are all wrong.

Guess I am an idiot, I let him talk me into his SAX shit, now 7 months later I have to rip it all out and start again.

Your business mate but after dealing with SAX and with what they had to say about Monster Rides I would be cutting all ties. SAX is a crap suspension setup that doesn't work, it's the same as putting retreads on $5000 wheels. Surely you have better options to partner your suspension with?

For record, my SAX springs, recommended by John have sagged twice over 7 months, and have made contact with my chassis in 3 places on both sides of the rails. Their fix, cut all the adjustments out.

It is a shame that you are recommending SAX Matt, they talked me out of purchasing your coilovers for the front of my Nav. John had nothing good to say about your product and was adamant that I would be an idiot for purchasing your products as your valving and spring rates are all wrong.

Guess I am an idiot, I let him talk me into his SAX shit, now 7 months later I have to rip it all out and start again.

Your business mate but after dealing with SAX and with what they had to say about Monster Rides I would be cutting all ties. SAX is a crap suspension setup that doesn't work, it's the same as putting retreads on $5000 wheels. Surely you have better options to partner your suspension with?

For record, my SAX springs, recommended by John have sagged twice over 7 months, and have made contact with my chassis in 3 places on both sides of the rails. Their fix, cut all the adjustments out.

There is quite a growing list of people like your self who have had nothing but hassles with not only the product but the service as well, im sure the writing must be on the wall for sax or was it sux??

Hey Matt ill have to touch base with you soon for a chat. Sent an email before you got caught up with tuff truck.

Any news on the UCA's or are you still recommending the other ones ATM. Cheers

Dion

Hey Dion,

How time does fly... been months since TT and it only feels like yesterday.

Drop me a email or call if you want to discuss anything else.

We have been pretty tied up lately with Amarok and Ranger development so no UCA's for the D40 at the moment, sot he SPC/Fulcrum UCA's are the best locally supported option.

Cheers,
Matt

Hey Jason,

This is far from pleasing to hear... I will have to bring this up with John when I see him in a few weeks up in Brisbane.

I am really sorry to hear about your issues with the Sax product... I have just caught up on the other Sax thread and it would appear that quite a few guys are having issues with them. I'll post a edited version of this on there in relation to 180degrees question.

I did contact a few of the members (Via Private PM) who posted up their issues early on in that thread's timeline to offer my services to see if I could help resolve the issues with Sax. A few got back in touch and I hope I helped resolve the issues.
I certainly made the guys at Sax very aware of the thread and hopefully some progress was made... I emailed screen shots of the negative posts and sent a link to the thread as well to John and the team at Sax.

The offer stands to any other members who are having issues... Even though MR didn't sell the Sax products to you I am willing to try to help liaise a resolution to the issue.

In your case you are local to the Sax head office in Woodridge and I guess dealing direct with John is the best option.

While I don't doubt that you have had issues and they are ongoing I can honestly say that we have had very few issues with the Sax product and what small issues we have had have been dealt with very promptly, and fairly.
Minor issues, no major sagging issues to date where the right rate leaf pack has been specified.

That said we have sold probably 80% of our Sax leafs to +05 Hilux owners and the product has proved very well received and the performance is excellent. Maybe half a dozen to D40 guys, the same to Triton and new PX Ranger owners. A few 75 and 79 Series Cruisers and thats about it I think.

It is obvious that the D22 leafs Sax has made have had well documented issues, but we have not sold a set of them so I can't comment.

All of our D40 customers who have bought them as part of a Rekon package seem to be happy with them, and I am yet to have any complaints or refunds.

We stand by the product and still recommend them to our clients because we find them to be a very effective product for those customers who need a dual purpose leaf spring... to run around pretty light day to day, and then load it up with a trailer or loads of camping gear. They do this very well and while we have had a few small issues with noisy/squeaky springs on the whole we are very happy with the quality and function of the leaf springs.
I can't comment on the Sax shocks or coils as I have never sold them, nor have I driven in a vehicle with them fitted.

I've never been a fan of trial by forum and again, while I don't doubt the issues that all of the effected members have made comment on there are also a lot of very satisfied customers as well... so both sides of the argument need to be considered. It's like most things... people are more likely to talk about the negatives rather than the positives.
Without making excuses... Sax have had some pretty phenomenal growth, and a few staffing changes which I now have led to them dropping the ball on a few customer service matters. It's no excuse, but there are some reasons behind some of the failures on their behalf.

As a smaller manufacturer/fabrication company we are in no position to build leaf springs, nor do we want to.

We find great leaf spring products from a few different companies to suit our customers needs and budget.
Dobinsons offer a fantastic product, as do EFS, Tough Dog and King.
It all comes down to the customers individual needs and what product will work best in tier particular application.

If you think I can be of any assistance in rectifying your issues with Sax please let me know and I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

I appreciate your concern and bringing the issue to my attention, all the best with it and I hope you can get a prompt resolution to your issues.

Thanks,
Matt

October Super Special - Rekon Stage 1 Kit $1435

Hey,

We are running a super special on Our Stage 1 Rekon Kits throughout October.

$1435 Delivered.

East Coast, Perth and Major Regional Centers. Surcharge for remote locations, contact us for a quote.

This is the Stage 1 Kit:

IMG_0086-1.jpg

2 x Adjustable height Front Coilovers with coil to suit your needs.
These coilovers come assembled and ready to bolt straight in with a factory top hat and coil cushion.

This price includes a standard style linear rate coil, in a light, medium or heavy application.

We can also option the new progressive rate coils we have for an additional $125.

2 x Rear Shocks.

We can also quote on a set of Dobinsons or Sax rear leafs as well if you need a set of leaf springs.
Pricing starts from $600 a set with new greasable shackles, u-bolts and bushes.

So if you are looking for new suspension, or need to update some tired and sagged gear drop us a line through the back end of September and all of October and pick up a bargain on this feature packed suspension package for your D40 Navara from Monster Rides.

Thanks,
Matt

Latest posts

Back