Mirror glass replacement D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that cccold er. Mind you I don't leave the truck out ova night to get em fogged

Well I fitted the mirror n It was NOTHIN like the manual said. So I'm gunna try n post a link to photo's.
Flickr: jjohn49's Photostream
2008 D40 STX. The original mirror glass has one full sheet of ultra thin double sided tape, man it's good stuff.
I personally can't see any way of removing the mirror w/out breaking it. Gunna practice b4 adhering glass to base. Also cannot see how you can do the indicator or puddle bulbs w/out removing the mirror. Go Nissan!
The ebay glass is not an exact fit but tidy enough.
Epic adventure for 1 mirror, but It's not like I had anything else to do. LOL

Last edited:
I'm sure there was a thread somewhere on one of the Nav forums that had the replacement of the puddle light and yes the mirror has to come out but there was no mention of breaking the glass.

I just wish I could remember where the thread was, I'm fairly certain it wasn't this forum which only leaves two other Nav forums and one of them I don't read these days, but I either looked and didn't find anything or I forgot to look....could be either, but I know it's there somewhere.

Well I did it, Posted photo's in my garage of removing the mirror glass base. Very different to the one in my manual. I have removed the old mirror glass and left it off for the photo's to make it clearer how it fits. RHS D40 2008
Adjust mirror glass so bottom RH corner is open as far as possible.
Difficult to see, but looking up diagonally towards the centre, you are looking for one of the 4 nibs with 2.5mm hole in on the motor base.
Place the blade screwdriver between it and the slot in the glass base and twist, "DO NOT" apply any pressure to the glass at the corner (flexing it) with the s/driver.
Gradually push the s/driver in a little further and twist again, repeat untill it comes away.
See photo's, size of screwdriver there too.

OOPS, There in the gallery. I'll try again.

Here we are. Now use this link

http://flic.kr/ps/ZPvmM

Photo's now include how to gain access to the puddle lights, and indicators.

Last edited:
Thanks for your pictures mate they will help with the glass replacement.
I broke my glass trying to evict a persistent spider that knows how to build a badass web in a few hours!

Latest posts

Back