melbourne, new d21 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenaroo

Reaction score
gday,

picked up my 1986 d21 4x4 diesel today (was listed as 2.4.... so not shure if the td23 or td25, anyone know what year the td25 was first used in)
so far i love it, cant wait to try it off-road. needs some work, especially the interior. but mechanically fine.

I spend most of my time on or around motorcycles, im an apprentice parts interpreter for a melbourne motorcycle bussiness. and if im not working im usually on the road bike (honda VTR250) or out in the dirt on the WR250F.
so as others have already found out, you mention bikes and ill give a long post.

hope to learn and have some fun with you guys,

p.s. anyone know where i can get a cheap fitted bench seat cover for the d21

Welcome mate.

It will be a SD25 I would think.

Australia never got the TD23 or SD23.

Enjoy the forum.

well its been a while since i bought the navara,
so far ive just done a few small things to tidy it up.
ive replaced the front grill with one found from a wreckers (same as original... only in one peice) a new head unit has gone in, and some 6" speakers to make it more livable for the daily commute. put the muddies back on it (had stockies for the rwc) and added a toolbox for more storage.

so far its been great...
had a few electrical issues (had to replace the starter solenoid)and the battery has gone flat several times due to leaving the lights on (i really need to put them on a relay, or a door buzzer). ive also had the whole brake system re-built (its a 30 year old truck... expensive, but was needed)

now it needs a new engine, or a rebuild.
at the moment it has a sd25 (with no compression), but im looking at all options. however nothing will be done till next summer (dont have time this summer, and prefer not to ride the r6 to work in winter)

so here's pics
20121230_163444_zps2c6dbaf6.jpg

20121230_163410_zps43a47822.jpg

20121230_163342_zps8ca1fedf.jpg

20121230_163321_zps749e9dae.jpg

nice mate, plenty of potential. looks clean too. I have a 86 king cab petrol, doing it up slowly. Has a 2" EFS sup lift already, doing the 2" cab lift next weekend then going the 33" Muddies. Undecided about the Brand thou, looking for a good average tyre, prob go the Bighorns I think. Anyway love the D21's enjoy forum, Tomo07.

nice mate, plenty of potential. looks clean too. I have a 86 king cab petrol, doing it up slowly. Has a 2" EFS sup lift already, doing the 2" cab lift next weekend then going the 33" Muddies. Undecided about the Brand thou, looking for a good average tyre, prob go the Bighorns I think. Anyway love the D21's enjoy forum, Tomo07.

cheers,
im planning on doing a body lift when i do the engine (the forklift will be there already, and less weight with no engine should make it easier)

after that plans are for the interior, going to fabricate some checker plate door cards and re-do the flooring...

then ill add the rest slowly... though does need some driving lights

Latest posts

Back