Lower Control arm Bushes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace my lower control arm bushes but having trouble getting the bolt out.
Its the rear one with the splined head that fits onto the torsion bar.
Does anybody know how to get this out without wrecking it?
Let me know if you need photos

Mate did his over the weekend, Ill message him later today and get him to post the info your after. I use to like working on cars now id rather pay someone when it comes to repairs. lol.

Its 2 am here so Ill get my mate post later today.

Dave.

All done!
I put a long steel rod through the front bush and bashed the bolt out with 10lb sledge from in front of the truck.
After 8 years and 230000 miles all the bolts and balljoints etc are well seized in. Has taken about 3 weeks to remove 1 side. Most of that time just thinking of ways to do it without spending money.
Other side should be much easier now I know what to do.

I use to like working on cars now id rather pay someone when it comes to repairs. lol.

I'd rather pay someone too, but in my case it would not be economic.
My truck has had heaps of work and still needs a lot more. Paying someone to do it would probably cost as much as a new D40!

Ok, one side all back together now with poly bushes, new balljoints and shocks.
Upper bushes were fine but lower bushes were way too big and I had to grind them a bit smaller. A lathe would be the prefered method but seems to have worked ok.
Now having same problem other side, bolts seized in bushes.
I think i will have to drill/grind one of the upper wishbone bolts out.
Does anyone know where I can get new ones?
They are the ones with cams for wheel allignment.

Latest posts

Back