LED strip lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve23

Reaction score
Can someone pls tell me how to wire this door switch up so when I openly bonnet the strip light will come on..! I'm not good with electrics lol

Cheers
Steve

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410681121.591122.jpg

That's it?.. No other wires?.. Thought something might have to come off the battery to give it power?..

That's it?.. No other wires?.. Thought something might have to come off the battery to give it power?..

Ok then

With two core lead
Run the RED from your positive battery terminal put a 5amp in-line fuse closest to the battery as possible.

Run your leads to where you want to go

Connect the RED LEAD to the end of your switch that has the connector it

When mounting the switch the negative terminal(THE BLACK ONE)
Is place that in between your switch and The body make sure the area is cleaned of paint and you have bare metal showing

This will give you a reasonably good earth (it is also referred to as grounding)
That is your negative part (again black wire)

I hope this makes more sense.

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

Yep that makes sense lol
Now with the light strip where do I run the positive n negative wires to?..

Yep that makes sense lol Now with the light strip where do I run the positive n negative wires to?..

It will not really matter

you are just completing the circuit

Just make sure you follow negative and positive all the way through

THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
MAKE SURE YOU RUN POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SEPARATELY.'

And I only recommended a 5 amp fuse because they really do not draw many amps. You can go up to a 10 amp fuse if you feel more comfortable.

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

Nah there isn't..!

So I could just run the light strip wires to the same place, as in positive to switch and negative to earth?..

Nah there isn't..! So I could just run the light strip wires to the same place, as in positive to switch and negative to earth?..

Steve, you have got a mate.

That's why I said run two core wire..

Just ground the Black wire to the body and then put your switch over the top of that and do it up (Circuit complete)

Are you getting this!!

G

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

I think so...
Run positive from battery to switch and negative to earth..!
Run light strip positive to same place on switch and negative to earth..!

if its a + switch, shouldnt it have a + in and a + out. would running a + from the battery to light and the - from the light to the terminal on the switch and earthing the switch body out work??

It will not really matter you are just completing the circuit Just make sure you follow negative and positive all the way through THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART MAKE SURE YOU RUN POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SEPARATELY.' And I only recommended a 5 amp fuse because they really do not draw many amps. You can go up to a 10 amp fuse if you feel more comfortable. Geoff POCOYO'S V6⚠️

Nuckin,

You are completing a circuit

As long as you follow negative and positive all the way through..... It is all good

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

yeh, i understand basic electrics, but if he runs a + from the battery to that spade terminal on the switch and then another wire from that to the light wont it have a permanent feed going to it. it just seems like the switch isnt really doing anything

That's what I thought mate n when I had a quick crack at it the switch didn't turn the light off when pushed in

just try running the + from battery through the fuse then to the light. run the - from the light to the spade terminal on bottom of the switch. just have to make sure when the switch is mounted that the body of it has a good earth onto the car body/chassis.

As long as the circuit closes when that switches the pressed ??

It should be fine

maybe you have just brought the wrong switch for the job you want to do!????

Not 100% sure
The switch you have should activate when it is opened

It should be a open and closed circuit..

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

maybe someone can tell me if this isnt the right way as im very curious as to how a switch will work with only one + terminal. shouldnt it have a + in and a + out

I honestly think we should leave this one up to OLD TONY I think we're confusing Steve.

If I have given the wrong advice my apologies!!!!

But Old Tony is the man for the job....
That way there is no more confusion on Steve's behalf.

TONY WILL JUMP ON THIS WHEN YOU SEES IT I AM SURE.

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

That type of switch is designed to switch the earth. As nuckin futs said previously, positive feed with fuse straight to the light from battery or other power source. Ground from light to spade on bottom of switch, place switch somewhere it will be opened (turn light off) when the bonnet is closed. Job done, have beverage of choice...

Latest posts

Back