HID driving lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Looking to get a set of high end driving lights , have looked at light force 70 watt external ballast xgt's $1300.00, britax 90 watt internal ballast $995.00 and ultra visions power vision 70 watt internal ballast , $1050.00 , I do up to 100,000 ks a year and a lot is night country driving
Anyone on here run any of these ?

Last edited:
i haven't used any HID's but a mate had light force XGT 240's that were brilliant without being HID so I imagine the HID version would be awesome. another one to look at is Narva Ultima 225 HID's, I have the halogen version which are good and the HID would be great

i haven't used any HID's but a mate had light force XGT 240's that were brilliant without being HID so I imagine the HID version would be awesome. another one to look at is Narva Ultima 225 HID's, I have the halogen version which are good and the HID would be great

Had the narva 225's on my triton in halogen , they wernt bad , but the ones I had were old style mounts and drove me nuts vibrating loose , I've looked at the 225's HID , but if iam going to pay $600.00 plus , I want more the the 35 watt ones and that's all the narva ones are

I run 50W XGT's you can get them for $700 ea. They are the best on the market if you ask me

Just put 50w HID Narva Extremes on mine, seem good so far (haven't had them out of streetlight territory) and nearly half the cost of what is mentioned in the initial post.

Sometimes I think you pay for the brand rather than the ability of the product......

Sometimes I think you pay for the brand rather than the ability of the product......

I have been pondering the same question.... Do I fill the gaps in my bar with ebay specials or do I follow the old adage that cheapskates always buy twice?

Have you considered a lightbar? Some of the better brands are claiming up to 800m+ and they flood like no tomorrow. They are also alot cheaper my 42" bar cost me $600 and I bought that a few years ago.

Iam putting on a 20 inch light bar as well , I've made a custom mount that bolts to the antenna brackets 2" longer to re position the antennas and the light bar will go onto that

mate save yourself a whole lot of money and get on ebay hid spots 55w are like $140 a set

Hey Ryan
I've had cheapies in the past , they just seem to fall apart , must be my luck with them , so i would rather part with the scheckles and do it right the first time , i will probably go with one i didn't mention which is the narva 225's , they have a 50 watt hid now and i can pick up a set of fleebay for $ 545.00 , i was more interested on what other owners thought of the ones i had suggested

mental note to self , next time you trade a truck , pull off accessories

I've got hella rallye 4000's converted to 50w hid. Absolutely fantastic! Both pencil and roof mounted but rhino roof platform vibrated a fair bit so moved them to billboard yesterday. Still to test but expecting them to be better again. Yes they are predators, I acquired the housing after ballast had failed and fitted reflectors out of the rallye 4000's I had previously acquired (customers truck being sold at auction) and fitted $70 eBay kit (Australian).

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 71
I've got hella rallye 4000's converted to 50w hid. Absolutely fantastic! Both pencil and roof mounted but rhino roof platform vibrated a fair bit so moved them to billboard yesterday. Still to test but expecting them to be better again. Yes they are predators, I acquired the housing after ballast had failed and fitted reflectors out of the rallye 4000's I had previously acquired (customers truck being sold at auction) and fitted $70 eBay kit (Australian).

same here, got some eurobeam ones from germany with postion lights. Fitted a internal balast 55w hid kit and put blue LEDs in the postion lights. All for under 600 bucks.

Latest posts

Back