Hi from Newcastle!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there!

Not yet a Navara owner, it might arrive some time during this coming week or the week after - it's currently in Ingleburn being "Australianised" and should ship up to the dealer on Tuesday, to be fitted with its options.

I'm getting an arctic white 2009 ST-X Dual Cab D40, 2.5l turbo diesel, steel bullbar (no winch), driving lights, canopy, Hayman-Reese hitch, proportional brake controller, bluetooth, window tinting, electronic rust whatsit and a few other things thrown in.

Depending on what they say about price, it might also end up with the in-dash DVD/SatNav/Audio system as well, but I'm betting they're going to ask me to hand over my first born and I doubt she'd agree to go!

Anyway, I've been reading around a lot and thought I'd join up and stop being an anonymous outsider.

I thought I'd update this post - the baby's arrived, and we've clocked up the necessary 1,000km so that it gets its first service (4 days after delivery - wasn't hard to clock up the km really).

We took her to Coopernook Forest Park near Taree NSW to check the place out - we'll get our caravan in there without any difficulty at all, and it's a nice camping spot with heaps of firewood really close by and a real honest-to-God flushing toilet in the middle of nowhere.

We're thoroughly impressed by the vehicle. It's a ute outside, but its interior is just luxury. We're going to have some comfortable times travelling around in her.

Suburban Newcastle - only a couple of k's from the CBD. Nice place (big improvement on the hectic Sydney life I left over 20 years ago) but still like things quieter every now and again.

For that reason, we drive up your way fairly frequently, heading on up to wine country or up Chichester Forest, where even the cellphones can't bother us.

I dont go into Newcastle all that much, I spend a fair bit of time in Singleton and when I wanna do a bush run I head through Wollombi and head back through Howes Valley.

Beautiful places up that way. Not all that challenging but still a good run.

Dave.

We have made a lot of trips into Chichester State Forest - it's lovely in there. Unfortunately it's now suffering from off-road bikes and a lack of respect by many visitors - one idiot was leaving there on Sunday in his Hilux and I should have vidded him - he'd not even bothered to put out his campfire, just packed up and left it burning. Bloody idiots like that will burn the forest down and have it turned into National Park.

We aren't into flex or mud baths or all that other fun stuff. Just get somewhere quiet and have a handful of peace is all we want. Even my helicopters are electric.

Latest posts

Back