Help!!! P102b

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluessv

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Vehicle is a 2011 Navara ST-X auto. Am having an issue with vehicle going into limp mode whilst using the cruise control. Will be cruising along and all seems fine then the vehicle will start to climb a hill and I quickly realise I have no power and the vehicle has gone into limp mode.

There are no dash lights but have been told from Nissan that the code being thrown is P102B; after I drove it into a dealer in the limp mode. Nissan had the car for nearly 3 weeks and finally handed it back after doing nothing!! Said they didn't know what the issue was as they believed the code related to a part the vehicle doesn't have. I'm confused!!

Can you guys take a look at your workshop manuals and please try to find out what that code relates to and what a possible fixmay be....PLEASE!!!

Try that for starters

Nissan-Navara.net • Login

Edit: the link changes after posting, not sure if you need to be logged in, let me know if you do and I'll cut and paste the post. Or just sign up for the forum, there is some useful and no so useful advice there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have...there are people in Europe experiencing the same issue however I have trouble following the thread on that site as they are referring to vehicles with different names. Plus the thread doesn't seem to have a conclusive resolution. Which is why I'm trying to get an answer from the much smarter Australian men.

Car has got 3,500km on it. Hasn't been serviced but has done it since I picked it up. Nissan has had it 5 times. They cleaned the grounding wires first as they thought it was poor connections....then the fuel filter....and now they are clueless. Only happens when using cruise control. Apparently the code relates to the exhaust temp sensor, which I'm led to believe is something to do with the MAF in the Navara's but even with that info Nissan have no idea??

Car won't go into limp mode if not using the cruise control but that doesn't help with finding out what the issue is. Which is why I'm turning to the experts on here, with workshop manuals, who may stumble onto something after being provided this info

Bosshog changed a MAF in his D40 I believe there is a thread about it and Dave changed one in his D22, maybe one of those guys can tell you something.

Krafty may have hit the nail on the head.

The codes for the 2011 models seem to be different to the older models, but there may be some correlation between them. In my manual, P0102 is a MAF sensor error.

I'd pull out the air filter and make sure it's fitted properly and looks intact. I'd then pull the MAF sensor and check it for dirt or obstructions. Shine a bright light inside it and make sure there's no dust, soot, oil or such on it.

Failing that, the code could mean something else, and there's something I'd need you to try first to narrow down the possibilities.

Take the vehicle out and bring the car to the cruising speed that you would normally engage cruise control and using the least amount of accelerator that you can manage, maintain that speed - try to imitate the cruise control. Does the problem occur?

If it does occur, then it's likely to be something like an errant fuel rail pressure sensor, air/water in the fuel line or such - possibly a bad batch of fuel?

With a car that young I'd be looking for something introduced into the environment, which means air filter or fuel would be my first port of call.

If it DOES NOT fault when you're imitating cruise control, there's a chance that there's a cruise control fault - something you don't hear about every day - but that may have been introduced by something else coming in to play. Have you changed the stereo unit, and did you make sure the stereo was earthed correctly? What about adding a HF/VHF/UHF radio unit? Any other after-market stuff done recently?

Keep us posted!

Tony,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where the exhaust temp sensor is in the D40's??

If there is an exhaust temp sensor, I don't know the ECU's PID for it so I can't call it up on my software. I interrogated my ECU to get a list of active PIDs and didn't see anything that looked like it could be the EGT.

I haven't interrogated a 2011 ECU with its different codes, that might be something to do one day and see if they added that sensor.

Have you done the EGR mod? maybe try removing it. Was mentioned in another thread that maybe the later models have an EGR sensor. Maybe?

Good call. The later models DO sense EGR flow to a small degree. You can get away with a small hole in the blanking plate to recover it.

EGR is quite active at cruise speeds.

Well problem is still unresolved as Nissan have no idea what is going on. they have taken the car back with only 4000kms on it and are now in negotiations re: replacement vehicle or money back. I've provided them with a cash figure I want so far and they are getting back to me.

Well problem is still unresolved as Nissan have no idea what is going on. they have taken the car back with only 4000kms on it and are now in negotiations re: replacement vehicle or money back. I've provided them with a cash figure I want so far and they are getting back to me.

Your the second one I've heard of getting to a stage where Nissan considered replacing the vehicle because of limp mode. The other wasn't related to the cruise control though. I forget the thread name.
Hope it goes well.

Latest posts

Back