Great Navara Warranty Story ! Best service ever

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderer

Reaction score
Sunday arvo we were heading back to Sydney from Tamworth, 35k's south of town, low & behold no gears !

Rang Nissan Roadside Assist - within an hour the wife and kids were back with the relos in a taxi and the ute was towed back our to off load our gear, then back to Nissan the following morning.

Monday 5pm picked up a new XR6 from Hertz as a loaner to drive back @ Nissans cost(what tourer this car is !) They extended the hire until Friday when my car sould be ready, and now they are flying me back to Tamowrth friday to drive the ute home.

Ontop of it all they are Warranting replacing the clutch, flywheel and gearbox mounts !

They have been a pleasure to deal with I must Say as has JT Fossey Nissan at Tamworth !- Thumbs up to all !!!

Sunday arvo we were heading back to Sydney from Tamworth, 35k's south of town, low & behold no gears !

Rang Nissan Roadside Assist - within an hour the wife and kids were back with the relos in a taxi and the ute was towed back our to off load our gear, then back to Nissan the following morning.

Monday 5pm picked up a new XR6 from Hertz as a loaner to drive back @ Nissans cost(what tourer this car is !) They extended the hire until Friday when my car sould be ready, and now they are flying me back to Tamowrth friday to drive the ute home.

Ontop of it all they are Warranting replacing the clutch, flywheel and gearbox mounts !

They have been a pleasure to deal with I must Say as has JT Fossey Nissan at Tamworth !- Thumbs up to all !!!

Do you work for that dealership and how much did they pay you to say that.lmao
On a serious note though that is great news and good to hear that some dealerships actually give a shit.

I am a pessimist I must say, and a very annoying customer, but they came through, what can i say, other than they did a great job so far.

being a country dealership too helped though, very nice guys not like the nissan dealer i bought it off !

Although i have fallen in love with this Xr6 ! Wonder how I could get those 33's under the guards.....

How the bloody hell did you get them to do that? Are you sure it's the same Nissan we discuss so much in these forums?

We all can only hope that this is a sign of things to come from Nissan Customer Service and warranty.

I hope all goes well when you collect the beast.

i also have a good story re nissan wty
my d22 (7000ks) formed some cracks in rear tray where it wasnt welded properly
i took it to maitland nissan where it was purchased,they took photos and submitted claim to nissan australia
the service manager returned all my calls and was good to deal with
with minimal fuss they accepted warranty claim and it goes to randalls smash repairs on monday 18/4 for rewelding and a full tray respray
and i get a loan car
on the downside rust appeared where cracks are and it has an electronic rust unit fitted
guess there not really worth the $500
it will get rustproofing when i get it back

I must say that I am a little embarrassed.

A couple of weeks ago my D40 went in for the 1,000k service. I had noticed a mark on plastic part of the rear door trim near the handle, definitely not worth worrying about.

The wife took the car in for the service & mentioned the mark to the Service Manager. I winced when she told me!

They did not mention it when they dropped the car off at her work (how's that for service?) & I was too embarrassed to call them & ask about it however I am certain they have replaced the door trim.

I just hope they don't think I am a pain in the a%$e for such a p!$$y thing.

I must say that I am a little embarrassed.

A couple of weeks ago my D40 went in for the 1,000k service. I had noticed a mark on plastic part of the rear door trim near the handle, definitely not worth worrying about.

The wife took the car in for the service & mentioned the mark to the Service Manager. I winced when she told me!

They did not mention it when they dropped the car off at her work (how's that for service?) & I was too embarrassed to call them & ask about it however I am certain they have replaced the door trim.

I just hope they don't think I am a pain in the a%$e for such a p!$$y thing.

dont feel embarased mate
they were happy to take $45 k from you
its the least they can do
its good to see that some of us are kicking goals with warranty claims:big_smile:

I am a pessimist I must say, and a very annoying customer, but they came through, what can i say, other than they did a great job so far.

being a country dealership too helped though, very nice guys not like the nissan dealer i bought it off !

Although i have fallen in love with this Xr6 ! Wonder how I could get those 33's under the guards.....

mate you are heading down the wrong path if you wana buy a ford...
fairdinkum it will cost you 10 times what you pay for it....theyr crap...:rock:

i also have a good story re nissan wty
my d22 (7000ks) formed some cracks in rear tray where it wasnt welded properly
i took it to maitland nissan where it was purchased,they took photos and submitted claim to nissan australia
the service manager returned all my calls and was good to deal with
with minimal fuss they accepted warranty claim and it goes to randalls smash repairs on monday 18/4 for rewelding and a full tray respray
and i get a loan car
on the downside rust appeared where cracks are and it has an electronic rust unit fitted
guess there not really worth the $500
it will get rustproofing when i get it back

Will keep an eye out for your Nav.

Another local, good to see.

Good to hear a few decent Nissan stories. We all know how quickly bad news travels so it's good too see that when good news happens it happens to more than one person. If nothing else it restores some faith in the company and gives others hope.

They are flying me to Tamworth tomorrow to pick it up. I did have to cover the one way fee on returning the car to Sydney Hertz not Tamworth.

I think it has to do with being a country not city dealer, and they are nice guys. The city dealer I bought it from are a pain to deal with....

Nissan ustomer Service though sorted all the transport issues, JT Fossry resolved warranty issue including busted gearbox mounts. Will be back tomorrow night with the ute.

As for the XR6 - will prob buy the misses one, smoked the whole street up in tonight, what a weapon and ISN'T turbo !

^ Id be removing that last sentence.

Not really something you wanna let out when you have killed the gearbox and clutch in your current ride.

Back