Gidday guys and girls (?)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jardsoooo

Reaction score
Greetings to all- I picked up a new D40 ST a few weeks ago and while I'm liking the bus generally am struggling to accept driving a vehicle with what appears to be a nasty turbo lag but is I believe an engine management design issue. IE lack of enough fuel to the injectors below 1500 revs or so. Makes it a real pig to drive around town and taking off smoothly up hill. Hav'nt tried towing yet but no looking forward to it. At least you 4 x 4 guys have low range to get you going - eg pulling a boat up a ramp, but I have'nt got that luxury. Bloke at the Nissan dealer workshop kind of sympathised with me but could'nt/ did'nt offer any solution. So I've had a poke around the internet and it seems I could spend $1500 on a chip that might fix the issue ( not that I partcularly want any more power or torque ). I also noticed the thread on EGR plumbing ( I'm learning fast ) which appears to offer the solution to my problem. Guys is it really that simple. Is blocking this pipe likely to sort this thing. Can somebody pls give me the EGR technical run down.
Regards Jards

blocking egr will probably help.
however i understand that nissan have cut back the fuel in the low rpm's to give the clutch an easier life (which tend to die rather quickly). that combined with it being a new engine may make it laggy. see what its like after 10,000km's.

blocking the egr from new is probably not a bad thing, stop the fouling before it starts.

As I understand it ,the EGR mod is only to stop your inlet manifold getting gunked up over time. It may also "slightly" improve the smoothness of the motor but I think the jury is out on that one as it seems to get mixed results. As I said , this is as "I understand it" so someone else will probably contradict me:rolleyes:
The lag problem with the 2.5CR is a well documented, known issue on the forum. The chip may help somewhat but in the end the lag may just be the price you pay for all that power.

and if Nissan really have cut the fuel back to protect dodgy clutches - I've read a lot about Navara clutches of late - then I'd rate it as a pathetic knee jerk reaction that is going to contribute to more vehicle accidents and injuries. Get up and go below 1500 revs is that bad !

Latest posts

Back