General rant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav1987

Reaction score
I Bought my 2006 d22 about a year ago... I have driven from bris syd bris... Bris perth... Perth darwin around 10000 km in long distance driving since then and nothing else but driving it to and from work...
And well i left it sitting for about a month over june july as i was out field for work...
Come back home and turbo and exhaust shit itself.. Upon further examination the engine had as well (no.4 cylinder getting no compression)

So instead of getting a reco'd engine i bought a brand new one for an extra thousand bucks...
But with everything that needs to replaced its cost me and absolute arm and a leg..
Clutch kit
Turbo
Injector pump
Exhaust
Radiator
1 zd30 engine

Should of set it on fire...

How the beep did that happen ?

How many km's ?

Any evidence on the injector pump wiring of a chip ?

Was the head pulled to check the damage to number 4 piston ?

I have no idea mate everything working okay when i left it and went out bush...

I bought it around 140k and put on about 35ish til it shat itself...

The mechanic i have is at raaf base darwin and from what ive been told hes ex army and everyone on base uses him as hes excellent

He did say the engine had been stuffed around with before which was news too me... :/

Did he say what had been done to it ?

I have 260,000km's on mine or there abouts. Gets better with the more km's I put on it.

I am not after max power though, if I was Id drop a VQ30DET into it.

Long motors are $6500 or there abouts aren't they, $3500 for a fuel pump etc.

Nah he didnt, i should ask but for my own information didnt seem relevant at the time as i was instantly tryna figure out how to pay for an engine...

Yeah one of the other mechanics working there an old guy said i could drop a chevy in it and it would better then the 'grenade' as the zd30 is apparently known.. However i wasnt too keen on it..

Yeah thats pretty much it mate engine clutch kit and turbo and other parts brand new sent up from vic cost me aroubd 11k including freight

Now going to have to come up with the 3k for reco pump bout 1.5 for exhaust which was rusted out and labour...

Go a brand new pump for that much.

Pm Gary aka Nizzbits, he'll look after you.

Very nice guy and awesome to deal with, Ill message him tomorrow about it.

Nothing is ever a drama for the bloke, very funny man to.

Thanks for the offer mate...

Not sure if its worth it for Two reasons but..

A) I think i might piss my mechanic off if i tell him cancel getting it reco'd a week after i gave him the go ahead (should be getting car back this week)...

B)the price i was quoted for a new one was over a thousand bucks more and i dont have that much spare cash atm obviously.. And to my understanding a reco pump is more then okay

Plus i dont really wanna delay getting the car back any longer havent actually driven it for three months i miss it!!..

But i do appreciate the offer.. I am looking to get a turbo timer asap ... And eventually a cruise control kit for my round the country trips and a 3 piece black hard lid (cant find one anywhere) does he do that kinda stuff too??

Sure does.

Get a second hand 1 off Ebay though, there like $2000 brand new.

Second hand and painted will set you back $1000 or there abouts.

Impressed!!! Every time i look on ebay i cant find one or its for the newer model d22 which i think has the longer tray

$17,000 is the final figure

Crate engine
Turbo
Water pump

Sent from thompson motor group shepparton to darwin where i am

New injector pump
Injectors
New exhaust
Labour

Supplied by raaf base service station

That is what i can remember off the top of my head, i wish i knew more about it not just a basic understanding to know exactly whats going on..

If i didnt owe 23 k on it i would of just sold it as is and bought a new nav

Dave. I asked if it had, had a chip in it before. he showed me where it had ben opened up and said no. He thinks that the engine was bodgied up and sold on.. Really frustrating as i had a period of a week n a half last year before being posted to darwin and before that spending the last three months of the year in sydney on a course, to buy a car.. Did as much checking as i could but ultimately did i rush it... Now i have been proper screwed..

Mate i feel so sorry for you, that really would send me over the edge I reckon, i think i would want to find the previous owner and drown the farker!!! or just make him eat the old motor one piece at a time.
I really hope you have a good run with her from now on, best of luck.

Regards,
Nathan.

Thanks nathan, yeah what can i do my 2006 d22 for all intents and purposes will be brand new again.. Everything that makes it go anyway.. Still did get me around australia without missing a beat until now.. Thankful she didnt die on the nullabor or in the middle of te kimberleys

id make sure insurance was up to date and get someone to tow me to a big hill, dead sailor roll down it into a tree lol.

Unlucky brother, really feel for you. I have an 06 3.0 with 90k on the clock, all I can say is oil changes, turbo timer and smile

Latest posts

Back