Front seat improvement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryx5

Reaction score
Hi guys, great forum.

I take delivery of a new D40 ST 4x4 dual cab this week. Can't wait!

My thoughts during the test drive were that I wished the seat had height adjustment.

I notice that the ST-X has a height adjustable drivers seat. Has anyone had any luck improving the ST seat, using ST-X components or anything else?

My dealer wasn't interested in helping, telling me that any mod to the seat would void the whole vehicle warranty... Yeah right.

Anything else I should do immediately? The EGR mod maybe?

Cheers,
Harry.

You would have to check legalities. I'm not suggesting the dealer was right but a change of seat could effect the way the airbags deploy, the way the seat belt retraction system works and other things. Changing a seat could easily effect part of the warranty but it could also effect things like insurance and registration.

Yeah good point Krafty, I realise the airbags and seat belt systems are not to be messed with, I was kinda hoping maybe the ST-X seat base or height mechanism could be installed. I am sure some parts would be interchangeable between models, just a matter of finding the right parts I guess.

You could try one of the universal seat height adjusters, I'm pretty sure they are ADR compliant and available in colour match covers:

images

Chances are there wont be any legal issues and there is a good chance the rails etc in both will be the same given that they come off the same plant now days, but you should probably talk to the road corp in your state and maybe your insurance mob. Costs less to make a phone call and find out all is good than it does to find out insurance or someone wont pay up because you did wrong.

Back