Fluctuating Idle & surge under acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah mate in the "I just bought another Navara" thread, just wade through Krafty asking me if i have bought a new car questions..... hahaha

The suction control valve has been replaced and after picking it up today all is good!!

No fluctuating idle when i first started it up and no surge or loss of power when under acceleration.

Oh and with the New timing chain has made the engine allot quieter, the slight rattle it had when maintaining any speed has gone, the rattle would go when under hard acceleration that has stopped and it now sounds the same weather on, off, or maintaining speeds.

So now my brother in law can pick up his new ute knowing its tip top.

Haha yeah and i told them when it first went in that i thought it could be that and have been told on good authority (thats you) that its the SUCTION CONTROL VALVE and they fobbed me off so it made think i was on the wrong track and started thinking it could be something else.
They should never of doubted ya FB
kinda glad they did get it wrong at first in a way, because i ended up with a new timing chain and now its quieter then its been since new.

Last edited:
I had the same fluctuating IDLE and nissan couldn't give a hoot and said within parametres weven though ti shook that hard when idel went down it seemed like was fgoing to stall.

When I fitted my DP Chip it came with a item to fit to the end of the fuel rail, with this & the cip it is 95% gone. So how cant NISSAN know this ?

I had the same fluctuating IDLE and nissan couldn't give a hoot and said within parametres weven though ti shook that hard when idel went down it seemed like was fgoing to stall.

When I fitted my DP Chip it came with a item to fit to the end of the fuel rail, with this & the cip it is 95% gone. So how cant NISSAN know this ?

My local dealer could tell mine was doing it even tho it only did it when the engine was dead cold, and they were determined to get it all sorted for me. They did this knowing full well my ute had been sold and regardless did not give up until they rectified it.

So i think it really depends on how thorough your dealer is. If they want to get it fixed, Nissan will fix it BUT they need the dealer to instruct them that there is in fact an issue.
Bottom line is if your dealer doesnt think there is then try another dealer.

Mossvale Nissan have been GREAT to deal with so much so that i just bought my latest D40 from them and will continue to service my utes with them, im more then happy to spend the few extra $$ with people who do the right thing by me like they have.

Good point - Go Moss Vale - but as I am so sick of Steve Jarvin Nissan SHOCKING warranty attitude - they tried to tell me my speedo was out of whack cause of my GPS - or anotehr time my ute was all dry and sunroof didnt leak - till the manager got in it and his ass was soaked ! They dont check anything. They Park your car for a few days they says its all fixed !

Nissan Australia should be embarassed by people like this representing them !

I did some work on Steve Jarvin's temporary nissan site while he was waiting for the new one to be finished and was meant to be putting up all the NISSAN neon into the fascia, BUT when i got up there i found out the fascia panel was asbestos. When i told him i cant go drilling two 30mm holes in each letter and screwing into it due to the danger of his clients and myself from breathing in any of the fibres, he told me not to worry and just to get a vacuum to suck up the dust as i went!!
I told him very nicely to FARK OFF!! and that he can speak to the sign company who had the contract with Nissan.
he didnt give a flying Piss about me or his staff or any of the public that may off been near his yard........ all that for a temporary site that would of been there for a total of 6 months.
In the end we stuck on some vinyl letters and he had to live with it.
So its no surprise to me that his staff are ignorant as as he is.

Thanks then - makes me feel better - the yelling matches we have had - drop the ute off for problems - pickit up with EXACT same problems whwn we go for a drive - not one but maybe 8 times.

I have a whole file on not only the car problems - but the disaster of the way Steve Jarvin service treated me and neglwected the repairs on my car.

Back