D40 Windscreen replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gms5

Reaction score
Just for everyones info - I have to replace my front screen

two quotes so far -

O'briens $454

RACV $277

both fitted.

Only a small difference!! :)

O'briens quoted me $499 recently ...

So i put it through my insurance - it didnt cost me anything. And Insurance sent O'briens out to do it still.

I did one in my R51 recently (And I would be very surprised if it was not the same screen)

Same deal, O'Briens quoted me around $500, had a mobile fitter do it for $220, but I would probably not use him again, too much moaning about how all the screens are made in China now and the tolerances are not quite right and some screens will not fit, followed by asking if it had auto wipers because he won't fit one (After he had removed the old screen) as he reckons that most of the time they don't work after a new screen is fitted. Not enough care taken I reckon to ensure that the sensor is pointed at the right spot on the inside of the screen.

I had my windscreen replaced recently as there were 1 to many stone chips in it and insurance gave me a free 1.
anyway no my drivers side wiper arm rubs on the glass at the bottom corner

can anyone tell me what the go is and if i can fix this??

Suncorp free windscreen costs me $11/yr extra.
It actually covers all the windows in the car. Then they send it to O'Brien's.
O'Brien's have too much to lose to employ doors who 'think' they know how to fit windscreens. IMO.

I had my windscreen replaced recently as there were 1 to many stone chips in it and insurance gave me a free 1.
anyway no my drivers side wiper arm rubs on the glass at the bottom corner

can anyone tell me what the go is and if i can fix this??

The fitter must have removed the wiper arm for the replacement, they have refitted the arm one (or more) splines out. Loosen the lock-nut on the pivot, rock the wiper arm until it comes loose then adjust it to correct. If you're unsure of my directions, go back and get them to correct the fault. It should take less than a minute!

Obriens did one on my ute about 2 years ago. Freebie through insurance. However the glass is faulty - between the two laminates, there is a visible fingerprint! I kid you not. However the screen isn't sand blasted quite badly enough yet to take it back and get it replaced....lifetime warranty on the quality of the product and all that :)

Latest posts

Back