D40 Torque

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike4x4

Reaction score
When taking off in my d40 i always need ride the clutch, this makes it annoying when 4wding in high range when taking off from a hill. Is there any modifications i can do to improve the take off without riding the clutch?

EGR blanking plate,chip,exuast i have done the 1st 2 it has improved slightly but i think we are stuck with the shithouse take of power in the D40

hi mate, is this a v6 or 2.5L?

with adding an exhaust it will always help with downlow torque same goes for EGR blocking.

I can give you a 3" exhaust turbo back for the 2.5L for $1195 for an aluminised steel exhaust if it's auto I can supply you one with DPF Delete pipe for $1995 Prices including freight.

I have stainless steel ones available for $1495 for non dpf and $2395 with DPF delete pipe. Prices are including freight.

we also have diesel modules available which will add bulk loads of downlow torque as we can adjust the timing and diesel injection to get the car to have better power downlow.

everything we sell comes with a 90 day money back guarantee :)

give us a call on 0749530040 if you want more information

Cheers,
Adam

I think the tall gearing of the D40 is a downfall when comparing it to other 4WDs in either 2H or 4H.

Putting larger tyres on it (larger than the 255/70R16s that it came with) will only make it worse.

You can fix it completely by changing both diffs to a lower ratio. You can reduce the effect a little by doing what the others have suggested. EGR mod is cheap, it's just a blanking plate - do it (from stainless steel) and see how it goes.

With the diffs, if you ARE considering changing them (eg for lockers), contact www.harrop.com.au and see if they will do a different ratio for you in their e-lockers.

Can you explain this EGR Blanking option, as i have no idea what you are talking about?

do your research on this forum all this has been talked about under the engine section. cheers

As said, it's been discussed to death in here but I'll give you a simple short answer here. If you want more indepth information you could search for "blank plate" which will provide you with some decent reading.

The EGR is intended as an emission control to lower the temperatures achieved during combustion as higher temperatures cause nitrogen oxides to be created and these are harmful to the atmosphere.

By doing this, the engine's efficiency is reduced - power and fuel economy goes down a little. Blocking the EGR by installing the blanking plate reverses ALL of this.

In other words, you get hotter combustion, more power per stroke, better economy. It's only marginal - don't expect it to turn your ute into a formula 1 car.

Latest posts

Back