D40 sub and speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate, I think it's been covered a few times already.. but basically they're 6x9s in the front doors and 6" in the rear doors from memory.

There's a nice grommet in front of the passenger seat to get through the firewall and room under the seats is plentiful for a smaller amp - I run a class D Polk amp that has a tiny footprint. Room is limited for the actual sub though - Have always wanted to build a custom box for under the rear seats.. but my 12" sits happily enough with the rear seat behind the passenger side lifted up a little.

Good luck!

Hey mate, I did my own install some time ago consisting of:
2 x 6x9" in the front doors
2 x 6" in the rear doors
1 x 12" sub on the rear floor facing the centre console (box fits snuggly in front of middle seat)
1 x amp under front passenger seat (speakers)
1 x amp under drivers seat (sub)

I decided to run the standard head unit which meant wiring in line splitters to attach RCA cables to the amps. The biggest hurdle going down this road is having to cut the harness and figure out which wire goes where. Unfortunately the service manual I have (sourced from this forum) was about as useful as tits on a bull when it came to colour coding so it was a case of trial and error and using a multimeter.
My plan is to eventually purchase an aftermarket head unit and do away with these (though not on my priority list right now).
It all sounds quite good although I would like to find some replacement speakers for those tiny little ones in the dash.

The 6x9" speakers fit straight on to the original mounts with no hassle.
SDC11799_zps5572e741.jpg

The 6" rears require some MDF behind them to fit (before I trimmed the excess)
SDC11800_zps2404997f.jpg

Obvoiusly, removing the door skins, centre console and front seats before you begin makes your job a million times easier.
SDC11798_zps5587ef09.jpg

I don't have pics of the finished product as it looks totally standard (besides the black carpeted sub box).
Take your time, have a plan and be gentle yet slightly forcefull when removing the trims / clips. I only broke 2 clips on the door skins which thankfully haven't caused any problems.

Last edited:
I have almost finished mine, in a 2012 d40 dual cab, I put 2 mb quart 8"subs in custom box under rear seat, for the moment I've amped the front 6x9, they have so much bass with 150rms in each of them, and put sound deadener on both front door and what a difference, not a single rattle. The fronts will change to some 6.5" splits soon when time permits. Amp sits behind the smaller rear seat, just fits in being 500mm long.

Back