D40 ST-X OEM radio AUX input

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyB

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a funny one...

Does anyone else's original radio only output on one side when using AUX input?

Playing CD's - no worries, all 6 speakers.
Radio - no worries, all 6 speakers.
AUX input - only starboard side speakers (I have moved the fader & balance settings around to confirm)

Was this by design?

Has something failed in the head unit, or between the head unit & the glove box socket?

I have tried a different 3.5mm cable but no change.

Have you tried another source unit, like a different phone / etc?

AUX inputs would / should always be stereo. I've never seen one play sound just out of 1 side.

So tonight I did the following:

- Tested 2 phones (as the input source) on my wife's car's AUX input. No problems - both L/R channels working. Her car & my Nav both use the same brand/type/age cable, that is stereo capable... or at least L and R mono simultaneously.

- Tested 2 phones as input in the Nav.
One phone has a 3.5mm output socket and the other uses the USB-C port with a 3.5mm adapter (because Apple & Samsung are muppets)
Anyway, at first the missing L side sound problem returned with both phones. But after a couple of tracks it resolved and all 6 speakers started working...also with either phone/cable combination.

So... it's not the input device. Was good to check though.
And I don't think it's the cable...? (it's brand new)
The only clue I got was when the port side channel was missing, I thought I could very, very faintly hear music coming from those speakers.

Is definitely intermittent.

So tonight I did the following:

- Tested 2 phones (as the input source) on my wife's car's AUX input. No problems - both L/R channels working. Her car & my Nav both use the same brand/type/age cable, that is stereo capable... or at least L and R mono simultaneously.

- Tested 2 phones as input in the Nav.
One phone has a 3.5mm output socket and the other uses the USB-C port with a 3.5mm adapter (because Apple & Samsung are muppets)
Anyway, at first the missing L side sound problem returned with both phones. But after a couple of tracks it resolved and all 6 speakers started working...also with either phone/cable combination.

So... it's not the input device. Was good to check though.
And I don't think it's the cable...? (it's brand new)
The only clue I got was when the port side channel was missing, I thought I could very, very faintly hear music coming from those speakers.

Is definitely intermittent.
In all honest, it could just be the actual jack that is faulty or doesn't like the specific cable.

Does your cable have 3 black stripes on it or just 2? If it has 3, it has the input for the Mic and the input jack might not like that

In all honest, it could just be the actual jack that is faulty or doesn't like the specific cable.

Does your cable have 3 black stripes on it or just 2? If it has 3, it has the input for the Mic and the input jack might not like that

OK, didn't know about the stripes. I'll check that.
Yesterday we drove for over an hour & AUX sound was pretty good. Maybe slightly weaker in the L channel.
And I'll give the jack/socket a squirt with "Electrician In A Can" too.

Back