D22 Timing Chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Greg, Your yd25 is at risk of timing chain failure as it has single row pump chain. Look at www.yd25.com.au for double row timing chain conversion kit for yd25. We have developed this kit as there have been many failures in the yd25ddti engines. Kit can be installed by us at our workshop. Cheers

NOTHING LIKE A BIT OF SCAREMONGERING, SELF PROMOTION AND FREE ADVERTISING FOR A FIRST POST

Oh, welcome to the forum....an intro on your behalf would have been nice...

then again, any engine is at risk of failure just cause one never knows whats in the the next tank full of juice one puts in their tank....

what are the odds????

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty bad luck right there, your friend should try and push them for extended warranty or something although I think its extremely rare, like most of it is probably hear say ie: from your cousins uncle friends sister in laws husband knew a mate who's engine blew up kinda thing, like the problems in the ZD30 patrols alot of it was people regurgitating what they had read/heard and alot of people have had no problems at all with their trolls.

Yeah I do agree about the "hear say" theory.. I do know people with early 3.0 patrols that have done over 300,000kms trouble free...
I feel that with this timing chain it is prob the same thing... I will just ensure that the engine is well serviced not abused and I feel confident that I should get good life out of it.. I would like to get at least 200,000kms on it before I swap it out...

Thanks for the feeback re chasing extra warranty.. I will chat to my mate tomorow and tell him to try his luck on that with Nissan.
Last I heard they have ordered a complete "short" motor from Nissan and they have told him it will be around 4 weeks until he gets it back..

Hi Greg, Your yd25 is at risk of timing chain failure as it has single row pump chain. Look at www.yd25.com.au for double row timing chain conversion kit for yd25. We have developed this kit as there have been many failures in the yd25ddti engines. Kit can be installed by us at our workshop. Cheers

had a look at this kit and well done for producing it. At the end of the day, get your YD25 serviced regularly and prolly a timing kit at 100k or even earlier would be worth conswidering.

Mate....do yourself a favour and whack an intro thread thread in here,

http://www.navara.asia/forumdisplay.php?f=2

then go and put your advert in here...

http://www.navara.asia/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Welcome and good luck..

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTHING LIKE A BIT OF SCAREMONGERING, SELF PROMOTION AND FREE ADVERTISING FOR A FIRST POST

Oh, welcome to the forum....an intro on your behalf would have been nice...

then again, any engine is at risk of failure just cause one never knows whats in the the next tank full of juice one puts in their tank....

what are the odds????

its ok
the worlds gunna end in december 2012
so dont worry bout your timing chain

Attachments

• I'm from the internet.jpg
    I'm from the internet.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 91
Back