D22 Breather Vent

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TysonRanga

Reaction score
New member here,

The gearbox in my '04 D22 has recently begun to overheat and heat up the gearstick when driving and after a bit of googling it seems like it may be a blocked breather vent. It was only doing on the highway but its begun to do it all the time which I'm hoping is just due to it getting warmer as we head into summer.
I took the piping off the main part thats attached to the gearbox and drove it to test and it still got hot so its either definitely the breather or something else. My question is whether or not I'm able to take it off with pliers as I'm not really game to start reefing at it without knowing haha.

I attached a photo of what I'm talking about incase I'm just super wrong as I'm definitely no mechanic.

Thanks

Attachments

• breather.jpg
    breather.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 19
Not certain about this (have never tried to take one of these off) but I think it's pressed fit. At least it has to be snug and waterproof. It might be easier to try pushing something flexible through there to see if it's blocked.

Not sure it would make such a difference to temperature either, more likely to force oil out of the seals if it's blocked?

That's a lot of heat if it's overheating the gearstick. How warm is the floor around it? Have you checked the oil level? It might be worth dropping the oil and replacing it.

Back