Coaxial cable fell out of antenna

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day all,
Came home to find the UHF cabling dangling off the Bullbar, having (presumably) shaken its way loose.
Have tried to pull down the antenna to see where it needs to be reinserted but can't get the bugger stripped back to that extent.
Anyone know where I can get an exploded view diagram of an electraphone antenna so I don't break it forcing the wrong parts?
Or am I stuffed and need to buy a new bit with cable attached?
I say 'bit' because that is the limit of my knowledge here!

Help?

If its a GME or uniden type then you might need to replace the whole fitting that goes indside the base.
The part the aeriel screws onto will unscrew from the base. I tried to fix it once but reception was never the same.
I bought a new cable with base fitting from prestige communications (think that was them?) online for about $25

Hope that helps

If its a GME or uniden type then you might need to replace the whole fitting that goes indside the base.
The part the aeriel screws onto will unscrew from the base. I tried to fix it once but reception was never the same.
I bought a new cable with base fitting from prestige communications (think that was them?) online for about $25

Hope that helps

That's what I figured was the likely outcome.

Got the spring base off, followed by the chrome tube, but there's another inside and from there it doesn't seem to come apart any further.

Yeah, will get out the 'special tool' tonight, the old American screwdriver as my dad would say, and give it a good thump.
Might loosen some thread somewhere. At least I will feel better!

it just pushes up and gets soldered in place but you would have to drip solder down into there. happened to my fathers when it was nearly new :/

Ok, the top of the screw mount the flexible bit goes on it looks like it has solder on it.
Might hit it with the grinder and see if that's the case, which would mean cleaning it up to reopen the hole for the inner core of the coaxial, then stuff it in there and resolder.
I knew if I threatened it with a hammer things would sort themselves out:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back