Cheap safari snorkel copies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I was considering the original Safari snorkel for my D40 but so far I haven't done any serious deep water crossing.

From those that you're running Safari snorkels, what are the benefits you've noticed (such as better engine performance, etc) and what the drawbacks (if any)?

Thanks!

I didn't notice too much as mine was done with other mods so can't definitively say it was the snorkel.

Benefits include

-ramed cool air into engine, instead of hot air from behind the inner wheel guard.
-less dust as higher from the ground

Cons
-increased noise
-bigger blind spot (missus hates it)

I would put another on though as it helps protect the engine.

I didn't notice too much as mine was done with other mods so can't definitively say it was the snorkel.

Benefits include

-ramed cool air into engine, instead of hot air from behind the inner wheel guard.
-less dust as higher from the ground

Cons
-increased noise
-bigger blind spot (missus hates it)

I would put another on though as it helps protect the engine.

Thanks for the reply. Did you notice better throttle response & fuel consumption?

Does it require any sort of maintainance and if yes, what?

Thanks for the reply. Did you notice better throttle response & fuel consumption?

Does it require any sort of maintainance and if yes, what?

I didn't notice any throttle differences/ fuel consumption, but within half a tank I rad a 2"OME lift it added also. No difference in fuel economy since I got it, so the lift kit may have been outputted by the snorkel.

No maintenance of the actual snorkel, I do however bang my air filter daily when I am in convoy. I also added fly mesh with zip ties over the head to stop bugs going in the snorkel.

I turned the head of my snorkel backwards yesterday, (so it was aimed at the front passenger window) , got in, started it up, rolled down the passenger window and stamped on the gas, sounded bloody good.

Latest posts

Back