Catch can results after 1 year

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernels

Reaction score
Hi guys, have had a few commenters on youtube ask how the catch can I installed on my new Navara last year worked out, video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQpqaw2Bts

2013 D40 YD25 Manual, 14000km, catch can installed on day 3 of ownership.

For those who can't watch the video, the can worked very well, caught a couple of tablespoons of horrible black stufff over the first year, less than I was expecting, but I'm pretty easy on the throttle most of the time.

Catch can seems like a worthy investment,

wow 14k in a year, i wish my utes were so lucky.

my Ranger i bought in march has already got 20K on it.

I have the same catch can with a different design filter and I am pulling out about 1/3 of a canister worth of oil maybe once a year or about 20k .Oil consumption is almost non existent and Im pulling out virtually the same amount of oil as I put in.
I wouldnt say its from Blow Pass but merely the fact the air in the motor is high in oil content .Either way its stopping the oily air going back into the combustion chambers

How often are people changing the filter. They are expensive buggers. I'm thinking of using coffee filter bags and just re wrapping my one. Or go the forefront washable?

How often are people changing the filter. They are expensive buggers. I'm thinking of using coffee filter bags and just re wrapping my one. Or go the forefront washable?

I agree.... expensive, but I can only imagine the damage done with that crap going back through the system. Why is this sort of mod not standard operating procedure?

I agree.... expensive, but I can only imagine the damage done with that crap going back through the system. Why is this sort of mod not standard operating procedure?
If they were plumbed to return to the sump they would be great fitted from the factory. However, if people don't maintain them they can cause engine damage.. blocked filters will effectively stop pcv gas circulating and pressurise the crank case, then blow gaskets due to the excess pressure. Can you imagine the warranty claims. ....?

If they were plumbed to return to the sump they would be great fitted from the factory. However, if people don't maintain them they can cause engine damage.. blocked filters will effectively stop pcv gas circulating and pressurise the crank case, then blow gaskets due to the excess pressure. Can you imagine the warranty claims. ....?

Yeah, but the provent one I have has 3 pressure release valves in it, which in theory accomodates for overpressuring.

Latest posts

Back