Catch can drains, finally...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Well,,theres one good thing to come out of being IN PRISON in VICTORIA at the moment- I guess!.. The Nav has never been cleaner!
The amount of work I've done on the Nav has been huge and been loonnnggg over due- in my book..

I have two catch cans on mine and one is an absolute Chinese hand job to get too... yup, you need hand as big as an Asian to get to the drain bolt.. Soooo i managed to find these fuel taps and plumb them in, a little bit of bliss come oil change time..

Why did I put one to each, I didn't want one to play against the other "pressure wise" and this way it will be good to see what each an is doing .

I'll just place some clear tube on the taps when it's oil change time..

Attachments

• 20200923_091549.jpg
    20200923_091549.jpg
    923.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200923_091503.jpg
    20200923_091503.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Ooo nice, I didn't really know what I was doing when I first set this Nav up.. The first one worked ok as I'd set up baffles internally but she was still getting a little to much oil on the air filter, So I fitted another one.. it definitely helps and the air flow seems fine, no restrictions that are obvious, it's still sucking from the turbo so my thoughts the 2nd filter should be ok...
well up untill I got a rocker cover leak. It was the gasket but I'm thinking she's old now and blow by is getting to much, and that's why she popped a gasket, but noooo. In a rush I installed it wrong, you should see these gaskets, clearly marked too. I knew the way the go and still fluffed it!

Will see, I've replaced the rocker cover gasket, checked the flow of the rocker breather so I'll just have to wait and see..

BaW, looks like you have a top mount intercooler. Did you fit that in with a body lift? I would like one but with a fan if possible but not much room
Sorry mate, i didn't get the notification and just noticed your post! Yes, after market top mount with a puller fan, just replaced the fan in it today too... seriously...

It's a cross country one, I don't recommend them nor the service that comes with them...

And yes to the body lift, 35mm to be precise;) brings the fan to the bottom of the fan shroud and doesn't fowl the gearlever boots... Any more and it causes issues I think, you know, with the wollopers..

It's a must do, makes working on them much much easier, starter motors etc, top "gear bag" bolts plus you can run a top mount...

If I had my time over I'd look into a pootrol manifold and aftermarket pootrol cooler... just a thought..

Last edited:
I have heard similar reports about cross country intercooler kits😕
Yeah, not good and definitely not a kit! What's worse, it's now UNROADWORTHY with it fitted... yeah, they didn't advertise that in thier adds....
It needs to have ALL cut edges welded or folded and the bonet support brace needs fabrication bracing and welding... They do not pass inspection as they are sold!
Sooooo when I do a little "body wrapping" and do the bonet I'll remove the I.C scoop and have it brought up to specs by welding an edge to the cut panel and picking up the bonet bracing...whoops huh another job!

Yeah, I'm getting bored of the white ;) plus she has some parking spot marks I'd like to cover :) I'm liking the industrial look they give the new 4x4 with thier decals, plus it easy to do :)
I'd like to fab up a new black front b,bar for her too,,, maybe permanently mount the winch.... maybe...

Oh, bad news on my girl, me thinks she's blowing to hard from the rocker ;) there was a lot of oil in those filters after the QLD trip last month..
I just did an air, oil, oil filter change at camp :) as she was spiking the oil pressure on the trip away this weekend! I'll see how much she gushes on the way home and is caught in those filters... could be rubuild time.... shes worth it!
Plus I've done every other stinking thing on it :)

Hope you all had a good Easter... cheers

Yeah, not good and definitely not a kit! What's worse, it's now UNROADWORTHY with it fitted as they direct you to install it... yeah, they didn't advertise that in thier adds....
By law, It needs to have ALL cut edges welded or folded and the bonet support brace needs fabrication bracing and welding... They do not pass inspection installed as they are sold!

Sooooo when I do a little "body wrapping" and do the bonet I'll remove the I.C scoop and have it brought up to specs by welding a folded formed edge to the cut panel and picking up the bonet bracing...whoops huh another job! In want to do it now so I can pretty her up with some vinyl wrap...

Yeah, I'm getting bored of the white ;) plus she has some parking spot marks I'd like to cover :) I'm liking the industrial look they give the new 4x4 with thier decals, plus it easy to do :)
I'd like to fab up a new black front bar for her too,,, maybe permanently mount the winch.... maybe...

Oh, could be bad news on my girl, "me thinks" she's blowing to hard from the rocker ;) there was a lot of oil in those filters after the QLD trip last month..
I just did an air, oil, oil filter change at the camp site! Dont stress- "superbleep takes all my used oils and filters, very cool indeed superbleep"... She was spiking the oil pressure on the trip away this weekend too!
I'll see how much she gushes on the way home and is caught in those filters... could be rubuild time.... she's worth it!
Plus I've done every other stinking thing on it :)

Hope you all had a good Easter... cheers

The oil spike thing could be the pressure gauge sender unit that came with the gauge, failing??. The dash light is still hooked up and didn't illuminate sooooo I have know idea.... jumped from 40+psi to 100+psi plus for a split second then back to the high 50psi to 60+psi..Only did it for a few k's too, wierd ... has to be a sender unit,,,,,,,,right!

Lol, blooody nav life....

Latest posts

Back