canvas canopy with roof bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am changing my ute tub to a steel tray and want to put a canvas canopy on with roof bars or tradie rack for my roof top tent. I am trying to decide on the best way to install roof bars, etc on top of the canvas canopy. Does anyone have a setup like this or have seen one. Pictures or discriptive replies would be great.
Thanks

Mine will be finished tomorrow. I'll post pics but check out boxy's d40

I saw a d22 today with a home job canvas canopy using the mcc swing sports bars. Like this one:
http://www.mcc4x4.com/images/stories/v25.jpg

Looked like a neat job too, the canvas sort of looked like it was somehow slid under that basket and everything was enclosed on all sides. By the time the missus worked out the phone camera it drove away. Reminded me of this thread, so thought i'd pop in and mention it .

Forgot to post this up

Attachments

• image-4046704495.jpg
    image-4046704495.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 790
  • image-916832738.jpg
    image-916832738.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,181
  • image-540026075.jpg
    image-540026075.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 449
And my frame is a tad different. Not overly different though. I also have roof racks for it.

Yeah it'll be good. I've made my racks out of steel so I can design a full length rack later on.
Makes it all so useful.

For tub peeps with home made canopies fitting roof bars on top, how did you take the load?

Was it just spread around the top of the tub, or did you take it down to the floor of the tub?

terryc said:
For tub peeps with home made canopies fitting roof bars on top, how did you take the load?

Was it just spread around the top of the tub, or did you take it down to the floor of the tub?

Not bothering bracing it it'll be fine as is.

(Posted on another thread)

Ive got a 06 D22 with lots of mods including an ARB canopy with a full set of Drifta stuff - Fridge box to the left, pull out kitchen and a drawer on top.

Its great - however Ive got a dedicated Touring rig. Cant use the tray 'cause I dont have one. 90% of the time Im in canberra or on a short trip with mates in my swag.

If I could start again, Id ditch the 'style side' tray for an aluminum tray (saving weight 'cause I dont need a steel one). Id get a removable canvas canopy made up that would sit on a frame that was designed to have either a rooftoop tent or a basket on top. Nakedape's photo with his frame and roof rack is the idea.

Inside the tray,Id run it emtpy for most of the time so I can use it for tip runs etc. Id get a battery plug organised so for trips Id plug in my 2nd battery for my fridge.

Zip on the canvas canopy, attach the rooftop tent, load tucker and booze and go.

I love my arb canopy, however you lose the versatility of the tray back.

Next truck will be a tray back.

Forgot to post this up

Hey FatBoy89.....
I noticed in your pics that u had a track system for your roofbars.... Looking at them they look like Rola ones... Would the Track system be the same whether u had Rola or Rhino Roofbars? Looking for something that will give me options...

rob

robmacca said:
Hey FatBoy89.....
I noticed in your pics that u had a track system for your roofbars.... Looking at them they look like Rola ones... Would the Track system be the same whether u had Rola or Rhino Roofbars? Looking for something that will give me options...

rob

Rhino rack rails are a little thicker and the rivvets are shallower.

Latest posts

Back