Can u adjust the light level on a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you can with a Philips head screw driver. It will need to be a pretty long one. Have a look at the top of the he's light when the bonnet is up. There are 2 adjusters. One for left right and the other for up down.

Don't quote me on this, but if you just have a generic H4 HID replacement kit they will probably shine out in a different pattern that you might not be able to adjust back to a correct level with factory adjusters. I believe there is a bloke on here that sells a kit to fix it i think his name is micks hid conversions, his kits put a projector lens in the head lights to give you a proper pattern and adjustment.

You need to adjust them more than 3 turns. Park in front of a wall and adjust them, you will see the light moving. I've done it to mine and they definitely work, you just have to turn them a long way.

That would be me. lol

When fitting HIDs they actually need to be fitted to a projector. They are not designed to be fitted straight to reflectors which is why they can not be aim correctly and will always blind oncoming traffic regardless of how there adjusted.

I'll put some pics below of a pretend HID upgrade and the real thing and you will see there's a massive difference between the cheap rubbish coming from China tha'ts sold at over inflated prices compared to a true projector upgrade.

low beam HID in reflector

IMG_1234_zps2058e1c6.jpg

low beam in a projector

IMG_1296.jpg

high beam in reflector

IMG_1235_zps00091991.jpg

high beam in a projector

IMG_1298.jpg

This is a cut off pic of a D40 with genuine Lexus RX350 projector.

latestprojectorpicsmarch2013012_zps6a7bcdc4.jpg

The projector fitted to a D40 light which is also in the pic above.

D40lexusprojectors011_zps4ae2e7ea.jpg

These pics give you a clear idea on what HID lighting is supposed to look like.

Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Back