Can I gain height without full lift kit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what i'm banging on about here but....

I would like to gain height without going through or paying for a full lift kit.

I'm not planning to tow anything large or carry massive loads on a regular basis.

Is there a way i can get 40mm-50mm or something there abouts without paying $2000 - $2500 for a full lift kit. Only really want the height to allow for my larger tyres so i can get offroad.

You could use coil spacers and extended shackles, both of which I beleive are illegal mods in Qld I think, not sure about WA (make up your own mind there) I have never used either so I couldn't comment on their advantages or disadvantages.

Im not sure whether or not you would need longer shocks either.

Coil spacer up front and spacer blocks for the rears would be the cheapest way.

Although I think you will find anything bigger than 265/75 will need a diff ratio change for offroad work. IMO these trucks are geared too tall as it is.

Although I think you will find anything bigger than 265/75 will need a diff ratio change for offroad work. IMO these trucks are geared too tall as it is.

awww 265/75?? when i get my tax i wanted to get 275 or 285...surely it should be ok for the diff...right?

I think they are saying that you will have to ride the clutch more when taking off from the lights etc, First low is a bit fast for me too.

It doesnt really matter what you do to gain extra hieght its gonna be illegal, im gonna try extended shackles and get better shocks, im in the same vote as you Biscuits, i just need some extra height for my tires

No one has mentioned body lift here, seems quite cheap for what you get. Saw some posts somewhere about it on here, do a search and it should come up. There is a guy selling a kit with some good instructions I hear. Zordo perhaps....

Suspension Mods

You could use coil spacers and extended shackles, both of which I beleive are illegal mods in Qld I think, not sure about WA

I've done a bit of research on this after having read the forums, theres lots of experts out there.
I spoke to the Vehicle Examiners (WA) section and to a consulting engineer.

Extended shackles are illegal.
Spacer blocks are not illegal.
There is a limit of lifting before engineers cert is reqd.

I suppose it depends on how legal you want to be and I'm sure lots of people will argue their point but the documents below are what examiners and engineers are basing their decisions on.

The requirements are addressed in National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (NCOP)

Have a look it pretty well says it all.

Hi Downsized
I was under the impression once you go over a certain height in WA you are illegal, like once you go bigger tyres and any form of lift?

Back