Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a quote about 2weeks ago from Calmini for this part- $543 USD delivered to QLD. Pretty good I thought.

i got the UCA's in the calmini kit i got. does have a load more flex in the front. good handling too.

cant wait for mine to get here,my alighnment isnt right because of my lift,or bent uca.so it was a good excuse to get the new ones.ordered mine on friday,all up $560 gotta be happy with that.200 less than snake raceing and GREAT service,emailed back within an hr of opening each day.for anyone going to order them they open 2 in the morning our time and close at 10 in the morning our time (QLD TIME) so email before you go to bed and before you go to work and that will give the best turn around time.

Just curious how have people paid for theirs, PayPal ? Me and a mate will order ours soon so just doing some home-work. Before-hand.

Orderd mine last week. Really impressed with the service and knowledge of these guys. Paid $597 but shipping cost me extra as I live in perth

Calmini did revamp the uca , supposed to give better cv angle as well. Im thinking of upgrading mine to the new style too :)

I was quoted around 575.00 AUD posted to QLD this morning. Definitely thinking about it. Did anyone fit themselves? Easy enough to do?

I was quoted around 575.00 AUD posted to QLD this morning. Definitely thinking about it. Did anyone fit themselves? Easy enough to do?

Apparently it's straight forward if you have the ball joint removal tool from what i've heard. But as soon as they're fitted you must do an alignment too, so if you do it at home, hopefully you got a alignment centre somewhere close.

i fit mine myself,easy job to do,wont take long at all.i was chatting to a mate and did mine in about 45min per side.i didnt use a joint cracker as mine didnt fit in the very small space and one that did was $50.
all you gotta do is jack it up,
make sure you got it supported with stands,
wheel off,
get some marker paint (i used missus nail polish) and mark the adjuster bolts where they sit.this will let you put them back in the same spot and be very close to your alighnment you had,still get an alighnment but this will make sure you wheels arnt doing crazy shit before you get it.
now support the hub assembly by putting a jack on the lower arm,this is to support the weight when you crack the joint.
to crack it without a cracker get a hammer and hit the bit where the ball joints bolt goes into,give it a few good hit until it pops.
then unbolt the adjuster bolts,old one out new one in and put it back together

what hitting it with a hammer does is send vibrations through which breaks the mechanical weld

hey fellas. my UCA set arrived. but my mechanic cannot fathom the difference they would make. he can ionstall but cannot guarantee the car would sit any higher .
i assumed swapping to these calmini would allow that as well as good aligment (which is another issue for me atm )??

i attempted explaining to him the bump stop clearences and difference between the standard and these calmini and he just didnt get it. time for a new mechanic i think.
my main purpose is to raise the car up front to level it out sas my front has sagged and my rear is still up in the air.

what hitting it with a hammer does is send vibrations through which breaks the mechanical weld

Yes you hit it with a hammer which shocks the tapered shaft on the ball joint. When doing it loosen the nut right off but don't take off. It will split apart with force. Once this happens undo the nut the rest of the way

hey fellas. my UCA set arrived. but my mechanic cannot fathom the difference they would make. he can ionstall but cannot guarantee the car would sit any higher .
i assumed swapping to these calmini would allow that as well as good aligment (which is another issue for me atm )??

i attempted explaining to him the bump stop clearences and difference between the standard and these calmini and he just didnt get it. time for a new mechanic i think.
my main purpose is to raise the car up front to level it out sas my front has sagged and my rear is still up in the air.

Get a new mechanic. Does he know how to raise the front.

Yes you hit it with a hammer which shocks the tapered shaft on the ball joint. When doing it loosen the nut right off but don't take off. It will split apart with force. Once this happens undo the nut the rest of the way

my bad forgot to mention not takeing the nut all the way off.just make sure you have that jack supporting it,this limits the force of the seperation too

haha WOW!!! get a new mechanic mate.

Latest posts

Back