body lift for d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACKSTR

Reaction score
Has anybody done a body lift? Just wanted to know if any problems occur
i just bought 33INCH BFG muddies and im not happy with my body clearence

holy shit thanks mate thats really clear. yeah i got a 2inch suspension done. i just bought some 33's bfg muddies and i just want that little more clearence. i already done the guard modifications. but yeah im still reseaching bout the body lift wit insurance n all that nonsense. im not paying 600bucks for engineer wen the body lift kit cost less. but thanks mate u got 33's how do u find them off road?

holy shit thanks mate thats really clear. yeah i got a 2inch suspension done. i just bought some 33's bfg muddies and i just want that little more clearence. i already done the guard modifications. but yeah im still reseaching bout the body lift wit insurance n all that nonsense. im not paying 600bucks for engineer wen the body lift kit cost less. but thanks mate u got 33's how do u find them off road?

33's go pretty good offroad. Easier to get over rock ledges and the extra clearance helps in the ruts.

Let us know how you got with the body lift. Pics would be tops.

Tommy, what size 33's are you running?
I was thinking of getting either 32x11.5r15s or maybe 33x12.5r15s on an offset that will fit over the calipers. Currently running 265-75-16
How does she go getting off the mark with the big 33's on?

Tommy, what size 33's are you running?
I was thinking of getting either 32x11.5r15s or maybe 33x12.5r15s on an offset that will fit over the calipers. Currently running 265-75-16
How does she go getting off the mark with the big 33's on?

285/75R16's, you'll need 16's to fit over the calipers and stay within the guards.

Bit slower than 31's off the mark, but with the exhusut and chip goes pretty good. Makes a huge difference off road.

My 15' fit over the calipers fine... Prolly less than 1cm gap though.. But no rubbing or heat transfer... 15's = fit.

Make sure you get alloy or steel body lift as the polyurethane ones are elegal and won't be roadworthy.You will have to extend your hand brake cables and the filler and breather hose for the fuel tank.You will also have to cut the inside of your mud flaps so the tyres don't rub.You will also have to drop the center bearing down so it keeps the same angle and doesnt put pressure on the transfer case.
something else you will have to do is lift your front and rear bar so you don't have a 2 inch gap
navarabodylift.jpg

navara13.jpg

navara1005.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need to relocate your centre bearing as your only lifting the body (all of the driveline components are connected to the chassis)

My handbrake cables were fine.

I have a thread about lifting the std alloy bar to suit the body lift (somewhere on here, just search)

Instead of lengthening your fuel filler pipe you can also relocate your tank 2" higher for added clearance.

Nice Nav Scotty, almost a clone to mine...

IMG_0207.jpg

You don't need to relocate your centre bearing as your only lifting the body (all of the driveline components are connected to the chassis)

My handbrake cables were fine.

I have a thread about lifting the std alloy bar to suit the body lift (somewhere on here, just search)

Instead of lengthening your fuel filler pipe you can also relocate your tank 2" higher for added clearance.

Nice Nav Scotty, almost a clone to mine.
IMG_0207.jpg

Thanks Tommy.Is it the tailshaft loop that bolts to the underside of the body.
There was a bit of stuffing around with mine because of the v8 conversion.

Scotty, what engine are you running, how hard was the conversion?

Latest posts

Back