Black oil round turbo hoses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortsta

Reaction score
hey er ive got a 2002 D22 ZD30 with 85,000kms on it.
er, i've noticed a fair build up of black oily substance round the turbo hoses..should this be of coincern and if so what should i do or are there any links with direction?
heap ta eh
mmorty...

very common, happens on all of them. After giving the hose clamps a bit of a tighten on mine it pretty much stopped, and look at putting a catch can on if you haven't already.

they blow a lot of oil out of the breather especially if the motors been overfilled (common).
best thing to do is fit a decent catch can (a few treads on here on it) then take hoses off and clean the oil off them.

As said abovefit a catch can, i am getting about 200ml of oil in the can in 5000km that would have been going through the intake.

...and for your own piece of mind fit an inter-cooler. Wont stop oil weep but will catch the turbo if it ever blows up, thereby saving you a small fortune. There are threads in this forum with lots of opinions as to type etc.

cheers
Nakedape

Latest posts

Back