Bad clunking sound when stopped in neutral

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneyz85

Reaction score
hi my 2006 d40 stx 6spd was making a loud clunking sound and vibration was goin threw the car when i stopd at a intersection on the hiway the car waz in nuteral yet still was happening i pushd clutch in and out couple times and stil did it and clutch pedal wasnt poping up the last inch or so. I then placed in first and began to take off and it when clunk clunk jumpd a lil then took off i drove 1km stopd and made same noise then got home and it didnt do it again then i havent drove the ute since then. Any ideas please. . . . . Sumone said it mite be clutch release bearing or spigot bearing. ,

Welcome to the forum.

It could easily be the clutch lever, or the pressure plate that it pushes against. If your clutch pedal doesn't feel normal, you know something in that specific region is not working properly.

If that's the original clutch then it's done very well.

hi my 2006 d40 stx 6spd was making a loud clunking sound and vibration was goin threw the car when i stopd at a intersection on the hiway the car waz in nuteral yet still was happening i pushd clutch in and out couple times and stil did it and clutch pedal wasnt poping up the last inch or so. I then placed in first and began to take off and it when clunk clunk jumpd a lil then took off i drove 1km stopd and made same noise then got home and it didnt do it again then i havent drove the ute since then. Any ideas please. . . . . Sumone said it mite be clutch release bearing or spigot bearing. ,

G,day mate,

I shagged a clutch a month ago on my 2005 D40! Before it shit the Whiskers so to speak! Mine made a serious of clunking and vibration noises.

When i removed the old clutch. I noticed an inner spring had come loose from the dual mass fly wheel. (F---king shit design)

I have now fitted an excedy h/duty clutch and single mass flywheel.

The next D40 i get, i am seriously thinking of getting an auto!

Regards,

RLI.

:idea:

ah thanks the clutch feels fine and doesnt slip i have to drive it and see if happens again. Thanks 4 your help hopfuly my toyota extra care bumper 2 bumper warranty will cover it

RLI . Was just wondering waz yours making sound all the time or not very often.

G,day mate,

Three weeks before it shit itself, it was only making a noise under load and then would suddenly disapear.

Two days latter it would repreat iself. Then i went a week with nothing happening until i got bogged, then it shit the whiskers.

Regards,

RLI
:idea:

Latest posts

Back