And then at the 120K Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
OK folks I've just got my car back after having the 120,000km service done and when I dropped it off I happened to mention:

1. There was a slight oil weepage at the inside of both rear wheels

2. That I either had a noisy injector or the timing chain was starting to rattle.

Item 1 will be fixed under warranty this coming Friday but they have to get approval from Nissan to do Item 2. The workshop supervisor said that in his opinion the timing chain was starting to rattle and he would be recommending it be change ASAP but that it wasn't something that was likely to fail anytime soon. He has ordered the parts on spec of getting Nissan approval and will do the job as soon as this comes through - interestingly he is not expecting any argument from Nissan. Only problem is that he will require the car for about a week.

Gotta say that this particular dealership is an absolute pleasure to deal with and if you are close by I would recommend it. I actually travel from Ulladulla to get my car serviced here. Where - I hear you asking? Nowra City Nissan on the sunny south coast of NSW.

PS - I bought the extended factory warranty when I bought the car new back in 2008.

Last edited:
It's good to hear that some people are finding decent dealers, there has to be some around. I generally don't use Nissan for anything except recalls because my local dealer is an absolute deadshit and now the dealer principal has brought the business I can't see things changing.

Thankfully though the dealer I brought the car off 3 years ago has made some changes and they are actually worth traveling to now. I'm not going to stop doing my own servicing but for anything Nissan related I'm definitely driving the extra ks to avoid the local deadshit.

Ulladulla to Nowra is a long walk home when they want your car for a week :sarcastic:

Good to hear that there is a dealership that someone recommends. What a change!

Good to hear that there is a dealership that someone recommends. What a change!

I've only ever dealt with 3 dealerships: Lennock Motors in Canberra, Westco Motors in Cairns and Nowra City Nissan......I've had a great experience with all 3 and have yet to find any of the issues that others talk about. I have had my car serviced by Nissan from new except on two occasions - one in Weipa FNQ and the other time in Alice Springs.

Just got the call that Nissan have approved the timing chain replacement under warranty and the parts have been dispatched from Melbourne. Car goes in 6 May for the work.

Back