Alternator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I was just sniffing around the engine bay and noticed that my alternator was rated at 90 amps. What are the ZD30's rated at?

Your lucky,
the manual says it has a 60A alt...

I'll have a look, i thought 60 is a bit piss poor these days but hopefully its a 90 like yours.

Here's a pic of the sticker.

IMG_2712Large.jpg

Went and had a looksy and it is a 90.
Am more happy know, one thing i wont have to upgrade.
cheers

60A made by hitachi on my ZD30 :( nice to see the 2.5CR has a more resonable size.

Last edited:
Mine's a 60A also. I read in a post by Joshy somewhere that he upgraded to a Patrol unit (I think 80A), was thinking of doing the same before installing dual battery system but maybe the 90A off the 2.5CR would fit???

Mine's a 60A also. I read in a post by Joshy somewhere that he upgraded to a Patrol unit (I think 80A), was thinking of doing the same before installing dual battery system but maybe the 90A off the 2.5CR would fit???

different belts. plus the ZD30 one has overrun clutch in the front pulley.
if the pulley/clutch will fit another alt it may work.

different belts. plus the ZD30 one has overrun clutch in the front pulley.
if the pulley/clutch will fit another alt it may work.

Thought as much. From memory, Joshy said the Patrol item was a straight bolt up. Not sure but I'd say he got one from the Patrol version of the ZD30, just an asumption though! I'll see if I can find the thread.

i bought a 90amp patrol/navara one brand new off ebay for 320. just bolted straight in.

I got a GU ZD30 alternator in the shed that I will one day put on mine.

Picked it up for $120.

Dave.

yeah im looking at doing the 90amp upgrade soon ah.
so man electrics and light's these days. i just want to make sure my battery get's good charge to keep the fridge cold

how hard is it to fit the 90amp ones? i dont even know where the belt tensioner is. lol

mine says 90 amp even though the manual states 60, also...

pretty crap for 90A considering when i drive around at night with my low beams on and hit my horn which runs a small double airhorn setup the lights dimm down

yeah im looking at doing the 90amp upgrade soon ah.
so man electrics and light's these days. i just want to make sure my battery get's good charge to keep the fridge cold

how hard is it to fit the 90amp ones? i dont even know where the belt tensioner is. lol

it was pretty easy to do with 2 people, you have to remove the under tray and put a socket on the tensioner arm and release the pressure and thats it, unbolt alt and swap, just don't let your +cable hit anything and blow the battery 80amp fuse cause that is harder to change than the alt

Isn't 90 amp a bit small for an upgrade? If I was going to spend the money I'd be going for at least a 120

Latest posts

Back