(a) frame danger

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blockerbob

Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I let you offroaders know about a danger I found with my Navara D22 the other day. The A frame snapped straight off at the ball joint luckly I was reversing the car. It is ten year old, but the last owner had not been hosing down after hitting the beach. The salt had been obviously left in behind the rotor and the ball joint unseen or picked up by mechinics even my own mechinic said its not something they look for in a inspection and he had never seen this before. What amazes me is that it is a major defect! This could have happen on the highway or a crowded street and I would be dead today and maybe others, just lucky. I advise everyone with a nissian 4x4 to get down low and dirty when hosing down. If you would like pictures I can email them I can't seem to load them here.
Regards,
Bob

Ouch, you are a lucky boy Bob, as you say if the ball joint had have let go at 100 clicks it would have been much worse.

Second that.

I always give mine a good clean after going off road. Good habit I think.

Dave.

Check out my picture in the gallery shows how close I came the a frame snapped at the ball joint

Back