4wd suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Zordo
I currently have a calmini 3" suspension kit. It has extended shackles and blocks in the rear.

Im looking for a 3" leaf spring for the rear.

Looking for a medium load spring for i will have bars all round and with canopy/racks/draws/battery system constantly i will need the extra for loads when i go on trips.

I also want to get some flex still. not sure what setup i should be going. any assistance would be great. thanks

Sorry mate.
I don't do 3" springs.
I believe Caloffroad does them
Cheers

Front end upgrade

Zordo - 2008 D22 front end upgrade
Running a steel bullbar and dual Batteries
stock at the moment so want to wind up 2 inches so upgrade Torsion bars and replace shocks
Looking at a budget upgrade option - What do you recommend?
Also might as well inlcude a bush kit for the rear end as I am replacing springs with Dave's Heavy load Lovells
Could you supply some prices - Plus postage to 2617

Cheers

Zordo - 2008 D22 front end upgrade
Running a steel bullbar and dual Batteries
stock at the moment so want to wind up 2 inches so upgrade Torsion bars and replace shocks
Looking at a budget upgrade option - What do you recommend?
Also might as well inlcude a bush kit for the rear end as I am replacing springs with Dave's Heavy load Lovells
Could you supply some prices - Plus postage to 2617

Cheers
Hi mate.
EFS shocks & Ironman torsion bars & bush kit delivered $575
Cheers

Hey John just a quick question I asked a few pages back about getting a single cab suspension lift and body lift done, I was just wondering if you can lift the stock nissan steel bar at the same time to match for a few $$ more?

Hey John just a quick question I asked a few pages back about getting a single cab suspension lift and body lift done, I was just wondering if you can lift the stock nissan steel bar at the same time to match for a few $$ more?

Yes mate.
I can do that at the same time
Cheers

Hey mate is it safe to put coil spacers in the front to level out my D40 after a 2" tough dog full kit? Thinking about that combined with your 2" body lift.

Cheers

Hey Zordo,

Dont suppose you do a diff drop kit for the D22 to get my CV's back a little flatter?

And what about steering dampeners?

2010 STR

Hey mate is it safe to put coil spacers in the front to level out my D40 after a 2" tough dog full kit? Thinking about that combined with your 2" body lift.

Cheers

Yes you could put 10mm coil spacers & get 15mm lift.

You should have approx. 20 to 15mm rake front to rear
Cheers

i Mate,
i was wondering if you could put together a package for my 2012 D40 ST Spain built. just after a 2 inch lift to give me better clearance off road.
car is basically standard except for front bash plate and tow bar fitted. will fit a bull bar eventually. not after anything flash, just to give me the extra clearance.

i Mate,
i was wondering if you could put together a package for my 2012 D40 ST Spain built. just after a 2 inch lift to give me better clearance off road.
car is basically standard except for front bash plate and tow bar fitted. will fit a bull bar eventually. not after anything flash, just to give me the extra clearance.

hi mate.
I normally use Bluemax leaves with lovells shocks
you will get a good lift & a good ride
Full kit is $1450 plus delivery
Cheers

Front Suspension Upgrade

Hi Zordo purchased my D40 a few months back just been going over whats been done to it, my knowledge on suspension is not flash but I dug a receipt outta my glovebox with the following on it.
$1100 lift kit
front springs, rear leaf, rear RAW shocks, rear bushing kit, rear U bolt kit.
Took a few pictures the front springs are King Springs which from a quick look on the forums have mixed reviews, front does seem to have sagged abit about 12-15mm lower than the rear. I'm pretty happy with the height and it rides "okay" but would an upgrade to the stock front shocks make a big difference? Along with coil spacers to lift it that little bit to get the front back up (Might already have spacers, not sure what to look for hence the pictures).

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 19.22.52.jpg
    2013-05-14 19.22.52.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 96
  • 2013-05-14 19.23.03.jpg
    2013-05-14 19.23.03.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 85
Hi Zordo purchased my D40 a few months back just been going over whats been done to it, my knowledge on suspension is not flash but I dug a receipt outta my glovebox with the following on it.
$1100 lift kit
front springs, rear leaf, rear RAW shocks, rear bushing kit, rear U bolt kit.
Took a few pictures the front springs are King Springs which from a quick look on the forums have mixed reviews, front does seem to have sagged abit about 12-15mm lower than the rear. I'm pretty happy with the height and it rides "okay" but would an upgrade to the stock front shocks make a big difference? Along with coil spacers to lift it that little bit to get the front back up (Might already have spacers, not sure what to look for hence the pictures).

Hi mate.
no spacers that I can see.
Although your bottom bush is on the way out

12-15mm lower in the front is about right.
You should always have the back a little higher than the front as you do load the back & then it will sit level.
If you were 40mm lower then I would be worried.[ 15mm is fine]
Swapping front shocks will improve the ride & will fix the bottom bush at the same time
Cheers

Hi Zordo
what height do you have recorded (before and after the lift) for a D40 from wheel centre to top of wheel arch opening?
Thanks

Hi Zordo
what height do you have recorded (before and after the lift) for a D40 from wheel centre to top of wheel arch opening?
Thanks

Hi mate.
I have seen some D40s @510 to 530mm at the front never measured the back
Normally get about 575mm with Dobinson coils & Lovell struts when fitted with bulbar
Rear about 600mm depending on which leaf we use
Cheers

Last edited:
Back