2'' or 1'' ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys i was going to sell the navara and try and get a bit better offroad ute
but things been the way they are i may be keeping due to work is slowing up a bit ....

so im thinking ill do a 2'' suspension lift i no the navara is low in the front end im thinking ill need a little more than 2'' so i was thinking body lift there is a kit on ebay 1'' for about $160 or do u think i should do the 2'' body lift ?

some people reckon i should not do the body lift but its a easy way to gain a inch or so true?

im not really sure how to install iv seen a couple right ups on here but i don't no if i am game enough also how hard is it to get the bull bar up back to where it should be .

I'm not trying to stop you doing a body lift but you may not be aware that body lifts for vehicles fitted with air bags are illegal in Victoria (and your location says Vic), that's the only reason I haven't done one on mine yet.

Now you know you can make an informed choice...

I was going to do a 2" body lift as well with bigger rubber etc but if i do i then i have no insurance, if i was to not worry about insurance id get the 2"

I don't no y u would sell the d40 anyway I se u slander it's offroad ability everywhere but with the right pilot and a set 33s they will go f&@ing anywhere which my d40 an others I go wheeling with regularly do but in answer to ur question if ur Gunna do a body lift y do a 1 inch half ass job might aswell go 2 gives u plenty of room inside the guard an once u lift ur bullbar a heaps Betta approach angle plus 33s just kep everything bolt on when u adjust the bullbar design amount that allows u to drop it the 2 inchs if the shit hits the fan, body lift takes roughly 2 hours to installan 30 mins to remove and just keep your stock tyres I did a write up in the DIY section with full pics check it out

Boxy

I don't no y u would sell the d40 anyway I se u slander it's offroad ability everywhere but with the right pilot and a set 33s they will go f&@ing anywhere which my d40 an others I go wheeling with regularly do but in answer to ur question if ur Gunna do a body lift y do a 1 inch half ass job might aswell go 2 gives u plenty of room inside the guard an once u lift ur bullbar a heaps Betta approach angle plus 33s just kep everything bolt on when u adjust the bullbar design amount that allows u to drop it the 2 inchs if the shit hits the fan, body lift takes roughly 2 hours to installan 30 mins to remove and just keep your stock tyres I did a write up in the DIY section with full pics check it out

Boxy

i thought about this to but if some bastard t bones me or slams so far up my arse or i roll it 4x4ing and i cant get it home or cant get to half the bolts im pretty well up for there cars my car etc so a 2 inch lift 32's and a front lokka should get it just about anywhere

i thought about this to but if some bastard t bones me or slams so far up my arse or i roll it 4x4ing and i cant get it home or cant get to half the bolts im pretty well up for there cars my car etc so a 2 inch lift 32's and a front lokka should get it just about anywhere

Or u can go that way aswell end if the day we are 4wders an it's the game we play for what we enjoy unfortunetly the fun police our out control these days lol

if you cant get the blocks out cut them out, there not going to be checking all the bolts are still in if youve rolled it/ been t boned.

also body lift is mod platable is some states so cant really see an issue with the airbags, as it doesnt do anything to the sensor, joys of living in qld i spose.

Last edited:
Boxy said:

Boxy

Lol… round of applause. All I've seen navdog do is complain about his Nav, but won't do any upgrades, just ask everyone about there's.
Novdog, you keep comparing your Nav to patrols and cruisers, I've had a 82 cruiser, 92 hilux, 94 patrol, 05 D22 and my D40 & I recon my 2 Nav's where the best. I've spent a lot of money on my D40, but I think it worth it.
So sell it, upgrade it what ever but stop complaining, if you what advice then fine just ask.

Oh and Boxy go easy on the 1" half ass stuff hey. I got the 30mm body lift of Zordo and I like it, I wouldn't go for the 2".

Lol… round of applause. All I've seen navdog do is complain about his Nav, but won't do any upgrades, just ask everyone about there's.
Novdog, you keep comparing your Nav to patrols and cruisers, I've had a 82 cruiser, 92 hilux, 94 patrol, 05 D22 and my D40 & I recon my 2 Nav's where the best. I've spent a lot of money on my D40, but I think it worth it.
So sell it, upgrade it what ever but stop complaining, if you what advice then fine just ask.

Oh and Boxy go easy on the 1" half ass stuff hey. I got the 30mm body lift of Zordo and I like it, I wouldn't go for the 2".

think that makes x3
but ill add a few for everyone else.

x100

Hahahaha llad me an d40 Ryan talk about the complaint all the time haha I not usually the type to stir the pot but bloody he'll have I got sick of it I have also spent bulk cash an very happy with the outcome oh an no harm ment by the 1 inch bl comment I was just in the passionate d40 owner zone lol

Boxy

Hahahaha llad me an d40 Ryan talk about the complaint all the time haha I not usually the type to stir the pot but bloody he'll have I got sick of it I have also spent bulk cash an very happy with the outcome oh an no harm ment by the 1 inch bl comment I was just in the passionate d40 owner zone lol

Boxy

found a 6"lifted frontier on clubfrontier.org with a 3"body lift on top of the 6" lift, looked awesome, and he didnt lift the bull bar either, he painted teeth in the gap, looks awesome.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f15/lifted-fronty-pics-50391/index4.html

i haven't had the money to do much upgrades yet .. i just want to know what to buy and the best things to buy thats what i come to all you guys for im sorry if i have pissed some people off .. i do like the d40 i think with lift and wheels id be happy but i have a thing of letting people get in my ear..

Latest posts

Back