2" lift and cant get the camber adjustment back into tolerance???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
ok heres the scenario, i recently bought a 07 d40, did the research, and found it had a heavy duty springs in the back that made the arse sit about 3 inches higher than stock (compared it to a mates at work)

the front however was completely rooted, so i got some bluemaxx springs and shocks to suit a 2"lift off Zordo (can't say enough good things about this guy) i fitted the new bits to the front and got a total of 70mm in the front , i am happy as a pig in poo with that, front and back sittin nice and level now

ok so here's the problem

i take it in for a wheel alignment and the fella at the counter shows me a print out saying that the left hand side is sweet all within the allowable tolerances, BUT the right hand side camber is out side tolerances and at max adjustment the figure he shows me is that the camber on the right is +1degree 10 minute, while the left is at +0 degrees 55 minutes (within limits)

as i understand the angles - there are 60 minutes to a degree, so the 2 sides are 15 minutes - or 1/4 degree different

a point of note is that the camber wasn't adjusted after the lift, the incoming measurements are the same as the outgoing

am i crazy thinking that this just not enough to worry about???? i mean 1 degree of camber is a pitance isn't it???

Ok am going to guess its a Spanish D40 and as such it wont have any camber adjustment.
I have seen some trucks running round with lift and what looks like crappy camber.
Lack of camber adjustment will effect your handling and tyre wear.
I had the same issue and my truck had bad understeer and was scrubbing rubber.

You have a few options to get your camber sorted
Offset Bushes in upper and or lower control arms
New aftermarket Upper Control arms
install your own camber pins adjustment ( requires cutting and welding on the chassis )

yeah its spanish

but is out of tolerance by less than a degree really gonna make a difference

i am gonna suck it and see, i mean really i can't pick that by eye (both sides look the same to me)

Shouldnt be too bad then

I dont know if you will be able to see it but this is what mine looked like before I did the newUCA. Try to look at the angle of the front wheel compared to the rear

16122008101.jpg

Mine would understeer very badly on all corners and in the wet pretty much drove straight .After I got my camber to almost zero its made a huge difference.Now that being said I play with mine on racetracks so probably going into turns a little quicker than normal.

Ok am going to guess its a Spanish D40 and as such it wont have any camber adjustment.
I have seen some trucks running round with lift and what looks like crappy camber.
Lack of camber adjustment will effect your handling and tyre wear.
I had the same issue and my truck had bad understeer and was scrubbing rubber.

You have a few options to get your camber sorted
Offset Bushes in upper and or lower control arms
New aftermarket Upper Control arms
install your own camber pins adjustment ( requires cutting and welding on the chassis )

Mine is Spainish and must be the lucky few that had camber adjustment, had a 2in lift and the outside of my tyres were scrubbing.. took to a decent wheel alignment joint as it was supposed to have one after the lift but appears by the scrubbing it had not. They adjusted them all the way and was still out..... cant remember how far though. But once I got a steel bullbar it lowered the front again, solved the scrubbing issue though back to lookin like a bloodhound sniffing the grass... Installing bash plates soon which will also lower it more so was thinkin some spacers off zordo to get it sitting a bit higher but within tolerance of the adjustment.... guesstimate required I think not to go too much or too little :deadhorse:

have since had time to look under the car, theres camber adjusting bolts fitted there, now to determine if theres any room to adjust,

then i get pissy with the shops

Latest posts

Back