Thai Built D40 Roof Lining and A Pillar Trim

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6268

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Thai built D40 Kingcab. I am wanting to install a roof console as well as an A pillar pod however can't work out whether the consoles and pillar pod will fit.

The instructions for fitting a roof console show the removal of light fittings and sun glass holders which I do not have. Suppliers assure me that the mountaing locations are there I would just like to hear from someone that has mounted one before I go cutting holes in my roof lining.

Secondly I want to install an A pillar pod (the one from 4x4 concepts on ebay actually) however my drivers side A pillar panel does not have a grab handle nor the groove in the trim which 4x4 concepts says is needed to fit their panel. I know the mounts for the grab handle are there as I have pulled out the A pillar panel. Earlier model D40's have the grab handle so I was considering just picking up one from a wrecker. Does anyone know if the trim shape is the same across the Spanish/Thai built D40S?

Thanks.

About the pillar pod. Did i read that they will supply them without the holes for the grab handle? Does everyone that have these fitted, also fit the handle?

I contacted them and they said they will provide them without the grab handle holes however they still have the groove. As their's simply fits over the top of the existing A pillar panel it would need the groove in the factory panel for it to fit correctly. Mind doesn't have the groove.

Copy.. well that sorts me out too. I couldnt imagine them being the only ones to make or distribute them..
Thanks for sorting that out

Thought i read somwhere that the metal for the sunglass holder is missing in the kingcabs...thought it was on steve's kingcab build thred...he was doing somthing up there..was a year or two ago tho.

Does your a pillar not have the handle their because it has an airbag instead? If so You can't fit gauges over the top.

No side airbags. Who knows why there is no handle, the mounts are there on the A pillar though.

Latest posts

Back