sway bar linkage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TitaniumNav

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Has anyone had any dramas with their front sway bar links breaking/popping out of the ball joint? I have a Calmini 5in lift and the genuine nissan sway bar link just pops out as soon as i do a bit of 4wding (definitly nothing to crazy).
Nolathane make a universal piece that can be set to a desired length and some people have been saying i will need longer than the stock ones? is this correct and has anyone fitted a longer sway bars linkage?

cheers

Hi Guys
Has anyone had any dramas with their front sway bar links breaking/popping out of the ball joint? I have a Calmini 5in lift and the genuine nissan sway bar link just pops out as soon as i do a bit of 4wding (definitly nothing to crazy).
Nolathane make a universal piece that can be set to a desired length and some people have been saying i will need longer than the stock ones? is this correct and has anyone fitted a longer sway bars linkage?

cheers

mine broke so i took it off. been runnign no sway bar for year and a half now with no issues.

mine broke so i took it off. been runnign no sway bar for year and a half now with no issues.

+1 Ryan, its amazing how little difference it makes on the road, yet how MUCH it makes off the road. I wont be putting mine back on again.

Had mine off for a while and yes it is much better off road but on long slow corners like right hand turns at round-a-abouts I would say it's far from little. On high speed bends, yes it doesn't make a lot of difference.

So have you guys removed the sway bar completely or just disconnected it?

Last edited:
So have you guys removed the bar completely or just disconnected it?

I first just took the linkage of one side to see how much difference it made to the handling, and soon as i found it made very little change to the on road body roll and worked so good off road i took the entire bar off.

i have 33's and a whole lot of lift most cars dont like long round corners as it is, you will end up on your lid if you try to drive a truck round a corner like a race car.

Hi Guys

cheers
Yep lost the driver's side one on my trip to Cape York last year. I have an a ridepro/snake racing lift and fortunately for me the Nissan dealer in Canberra did the replacement of the link under warranty.....even though they had a few problems getting the front spacers back in place.

Latest posts

Back