Keyless entry problem???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colo77

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Nissan D22 3.0 ltr Di ST-R
I seem to have a problem with my keys (or some sort of engine immobiliser problem). I cannot start the ute without first unlocking it with the keyless entry (which is fine while the keys are working). The key fob seems to now need to be recoded or something as it does not work (yes I have replcaced the fob battery). I am now unable to start the car & can't even drive it down to the mechanics for them to look at.
I have never been able to unlock the ute with the actual key (not the remote), get in & start the car. I assume this is definitely not normal. Since I purchased this car 2nd hand, I have always had to press the unlock button on the fob to start the car, and if you wait too long before turning the key to on to start the engine, it immobilises again and you have to press the unlock button again. There has not been an engine immobiliser addes to my knowledge. The ute is factory standard except for a new stereo head unit fitted by the previous owner.
This is doing my head in. Any help to get me going would be appreciated.

I didnt think D22's came with keyless entry but anyway it sounds like there is definately an aftermarket immobiliser in there somewhere.
When you say wont start does that mean it wont even crank over?

sorry to give you some bad news but d22's never came with factory remote central locking or an engine immobiliser. it sounds like a normal aftermarket remote locking / immobiliser is installed, they generally time out and rearm after 30secs so unless you turn the key on before then you have to press the button again.

most of them have an override code you can do by using the flashing light on the dash but you would need the card that comes with the unit when it was purchased as it tells you the code and how to do it.

if your remote isn't working its time to either take it to an auto electrician or start digging under the dash to find the unit and look it up on the net and see if there is a manual you can download that tells you how to reprogram the remotes

Thanks for your feedback fellas.
All the accessories still work when you use the key only, but is as if the engine is immobilised. When you turn the key to start, there is nothing whatsoever, just the accessories.
The non standard keyless entry sounds exactly like what I have.
I have dodgied up the spare remote (the terminal ends that accept the battery are snapped off) which has gotten me out of trouble for the short term.
Sounds like a trip to see someone to have the issue rectified properly.
Hope you've all had a Merry Xmas.
Cheers.

If its a generic unit, which it probably is, you can usually buy new remotes and program them to the unit, but you would need to know what brand and model the unit is first so you get the right remotes

central locking

D22 did not come with factory central locking and immobilisers they are factory options though you can buy them at your nissan dealer.

Latest posts

Back