gearbox so much heating...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oygar

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2004 d22 double cab. ... I have new problem... sometimes my gearbox so much heating... 15 minutes can't touch your hand plastic cover on the shift stick... After 15 mnt (on the way) cool and normal ... I ghange the oil (orginal) ı dont understand whats the reason ???...HELP meeee..:)

thnx from Turkey

If oil is fresh and filled to correct level I would suggest checking that the breather line isn't blocked

^ What he said.

Do you have bash plates on it aswell as it cut the ventilation underneath ?

No I havent any bush plate or guard... Today ı checked the breather.İt s normal, way open...

6 months ago I made body lift (5 cm) maybe this is problem ???

Only thought of this thread last night.

Put my hand on the gearbox surround at 100km/h and there very little heat coming thru on mine.

yess ı found the reason this heating... I have a body lift (5 cm).. Shift rubber out of the slot...I looked and ı saw the road :))) ...I think all engine and gearbox heat go into the cabin of this hole... when ı fix the rubber heating stoped... May be littlebit but this is normal...

But problems doesnt finish...Now overhead heating (engine) ı change everything fan clutch, water pomp, clean the radiator, and same problem...city drive everythins is okay, over 2500 rpm 3-4 minutes (highway hill) engine heating up... ı love this pickup but some times my evil said you need a Toyota..:(

I had this problem then on the way to the cape 80 k's before Townsville BANG!!! the 5th gear went on me. The heat was commig from the thrush bearings in the over-drive gearbox. I felt the heat comming from the gear box leaver for about 12 month's befor it finaly went.
Best you get it checked out.

I had this problem then on the way to the cape 80 k's before Townsville BANG!!! the 5th gear went on me. The heat was commig from the thrush bearings in the over-drive gearbox. I felt the heat comming from the gear box leaver for about 12 month's befor it finaly went.
Best you get it checked out.
My box has had the same symptoms.
5th is no Good now,
1,2,3 not so good,
4th okay no heat from box or the stick..

All oils are fine.

Clutch done by mechanic 5k ago.

top mount intercooler done 3k ago
As oem crimp gave way(air to air leak..)

upgraded lower control arms 3k ago

noticed lots of oil in Bell housing..
(I got my clutch done at 200 originally when i first got the car,
the put the wrong rear main seal in and it leaked oil onto the clutch plate and the hd clutxh died in under 20k, i hope this is not a similar problem.)

My plan is to get a reco box and tear down the old one to investigate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back