D40 Dual Cab Roof Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket set of roof bars for a D40? I'm wanting to put an awning on the side but don't want a full size bucket roof rack as they are bloody ugly.

Nissan make a factory one but they are extremely over priced (as most Nissan accessories are).

Thanks in advance!

hey mate, I put the Rhino Rack fixed rail system on mine, means drilling into the roof, but done properly it's no problem and they work great for me. I went the aero bars, so while you hear some noise, it's only turbulance and no whistling or anything.

i started with the standard rhino rack system but it interferes with the door seals too much and leaking when washing the car or in the rain so i bought the fixed rails and brackets and it's been great ever since

i don't have an awning, so i can't say for sure, but i don't see why it wouldn't be.

not sure on the actual cost as i had two goes at it, but i have a trade account with Rhino Racks so get them cheaper, I think it was $220 delivered for the original kit then another $200 when I bought the other bits and used the bars I already had

I got thule ones from arb, no drilling and theymount on the door skins so are super strong. Mine are deluxe trademens for heaps of weight and got slides in the back to mount things also.

Attachments

• 2012-10-26 07.02.01-1.jpg
    2012-10-26 07.02.01-1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 354
Ah cool. I was looking at an Ironman awning on a Sahara yesterday at work, the bracket was a flat panel one. Sweet i might give it a go then thanks fellas

I'm a Rhino Rack Dealer I can give you @#% off list not including freight. I can't mention on a public forum how much discount I give to SHIFT product. Send me a PM if I'm being to subtle, on average 19-21% of readers don't get it...

Thanks anyways mate but im gonna tray mount it so it's not up on the roof causing any wind drag and so it wont hit trees etc. Thanks anyway though mate :)

I have just bought a new D40 dual cab waiting on my canopy(reinforced for rack)
I have a Rhino 2 awning off my old 100 series (Thule racks) & carry a Hobie Outback kayak(34kg).
Question is should I put the racks on cab or canopy?

Back