D22 Canopies.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah lol.

can someone else who still has a window please confirm that the tailgate is locked into place.

no point in me gettin a canopy if someone can open it, might aswel get a hard lid cause that looks more secure?

Simon

Yep, the arb canopy fits nicely to keep the tailgate closed. But as has been stated, a brick would over ride the ARB locking system:big_smile:

so u can assure me that an ARB canopy will keep the tailgate closed?

il fix the window problem soon but i just need to sure that my tailgate isnt my weakest link

Please confirm

Simon

I can only assure to the extent that the rear window overlaps the tail gate by about 30mm and locks into place. So if you were to give the tail gate an almighty heave, the glass might break. I suspect the tailgate handle on the 2010 might be the weakest link, and would break clean off. But for daily use yep be assured that the rear window secures the tailgate. If I really wanted to lock my tailgate closed, I'd install a hasp and staple inside to the tub with a padlock.

hasp and staple inside the tub? what would you fix that to?
never seen or heard of that but il look into it.

i was also thinking of replacing the windows with checker plater aluminium which would be awesome.

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting any canopy is unsafe because of it's back window, all the canopies will hold the tailgate in place and the tail gate latches keep it shut. The issue I noticed was that if someone used the latch while the tailgate and the canopy was closed they would feel the latches let go and without the rear window having a decent coverage over the tailgate it would be easy to yank the tailgate (with or without the handle) and pull it clear of the rear window, more than likely breaking the window at the same time.

It could well be quieter than a brick and may not be as likely but it could happen. Either way I'd still suggest if canopies were that insecure you wouldn't see so many of them, and like others have said, you get what you pay for.

If you're really worried about, lock your toolbox as well. I've got a drawer system with lockable drawers so they'd have to break into the canopy, and then somehow break into the drawers. And even then they're only going to get a few power tools and hand tools, which to be quite honest could do with replacing under insurance lol

haha its because it really pisses me off that all of us work so hard to get wat we need/want and its so easy for someone to steal them and most likely get away with it.

im really paranoid these days now that iv come face to face with the likes of those people so i just want something that is secure enough to leave all my belongings, tools or watever, and not have to worry at all!

Every noise i hear while im in a certain area, jump starts my heart to 10000BPM, ready to take on the thief, not a good feeling you know lol

Simon

I'm going to hook up some extra reed switches to the canopy doors when I get around to installing my mongoose security alarm, that should fix the pricks

Yer ill need to do that aswel.

Just order my canopy,

ARB
Cabin Profile
Grain standard white
Twin lift windows
Fitted onto Over Hang tub liner

= $2270 from Auburn Canopies.

Saved $100 from ARB.

Cant wait to get it.

Il prolly get some engineers to do some internal bracing because Auburn Canopy will charge $700 to brace for roof racks, WTF?!

Latest posts

Back