ZD30DDT FLYWHEEL?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis1999

Reaction score
Hello Guys, So currently i'm looking at replacing my Clutch, Clutch Plate and Flywheel and im struggling in trying to find the 2006 D22 ZD30 Flywheel. From my research and understanding of the factory flywheel it should be a solid Mass flywheel, But people have reported finding a duel mass flywheel. Also does the YD25 flywheel match the Zd30?

Would be very thankful if someone could link me to the correct website to order a Brand New Flywheel. Cheers.

is the flywheel damaged ?
afaik they are sold mass flywheel, not sure of the patrol or terrano had dual mass.

It should be a single mass flywheel. At least mine is (it's a big lump, weighs in at 25 kg).

I priced a clutch from the dealer...about $2.5k for parts (lol) as they supply a replacement flywheel with it. There's no need to do this though (change the flywheel), unless it's damaged somehow? Usually just a light machining/skim is all that is required. I had it done at the local brake repair place while I waited for $40.

Cheers guys, the only reason for the replacement of these parts is being the clutch slips out of 1st and 3rd alot and does it while driving aswell. Just a reminder its done 300,000km and its been through 3 owners which made me want to replace all of it while im down underneath.

I think you'll find it is a problem with the gearbox if it is slipping out of gear. Nothing to do with the clutch, although as you said it wouldn't hurt to do it while you've got the gearbox out. D22s all had solid flywheels, the zd30 in the patrol has a dual mass unit. Just get yours skimmed and fit a new clutch and pressure plate. I'd also recommend replacing the rear main seal while you've got it apart as well.

Yeah true. I will be replacing the Gearbox later to a reconditioned 1. But for now just trying to figure out the flywheel and Clutch mainly. And yeah i will be replacing Seals while i'm down their. Cheers for the advice. I'll take photo's of the flywheel and post it for people to see burnt spots or anything serious on the surface. Thanks Again

Yep, if you're changing the gearbox might as well do the clutch and rear main while it's out. I can almost guarantee you won't want to be taking the gearbox out again to fix a leaky seal. Once is enough for most lol.

Keep in mind when you do the rear main, the sump will have to come off to do it properly, so it will need resealing as well. Which means the front diff will also have to be removed or at least lowered to get the sump off......Worth doing it all properly though, should be good for the rest of its days then.

European Terrano with ZD30 is with single mass flywheel. And normally, the clutch lives between 200000 and 350000km, without any damage to flywheel.

My advice also is to replace pressure plate, clutch disc, bearing, bronze insert in the crankshaft and clutch lever (the last is mandatory - the lever pin makes a hole in it, sooner or later). Replace flywheel only if it is damaged, but this is rare. Even the machining is rarely necessary.

Latest posts

Back