Zd30 swap to patrol zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardless

Reaction score
Hi all I’m wanting more power out of my nav I got a zd30 atm with most the fruit but I want to hit the 300 mark at the wheels has anybody done a swap with the patrol zd30 cr or swaped the di set up to cr
Thank you

the zd30 block is a little different between the models. they changed the bellhousing bolt pattern so they are not easily interchangeable.

what have you done to the engine so far?

intercooler is the big thing.
i would then look at turbo. either bigger normal turbo or a decent variable turbo (not the patrol/terrano one).

The only thing I can do is intercooler then that’s all the mods left and I can’t see it giving me the extra 50 to 60 hp I’m after. That’s why I’m asking about doing the cr swap if any one has done it or did a full block conversion

The only thing I can do is intercooler then that’s all the mods left and I can’t see it giving me the extra 50 to 60 hp I’m after. That’s why I’m asking about doing the cr swap if any one has done it or did a full block conversion
your pissing into the wind without an intercooler. you will be very surprised at how much extra air a decent intercooler will get into the engine.
doing turbo and chipping etc is a fat waste of time with an intercooler. i'm actually surprised you havn't blown the engine due to that.
even if you go to CR ZD30, your going to have to fit an intercooler as thats what they are tuned for.

banks utube channel has some very good video's on how much horsepower an intercooler is worth on a diesel. it can make more power than the turbo does.
but also the big thing is controlling temps.

Yer the egt’s are always low even when running up a big long hill/range on a hot day
I got a water to air cooler system on the way cos if I go the cr way I will need one anyway
I will fit it up and see what I can get out of it on the dyno at work I can turn my fuel up more but I’m only getting around the 160 mark at the wheels and being a truck mechanic I’m always hungry for more power

Yer the egt’s are always low even when running up a big long hill/range on a hot day
I got a water to air cooler system on the way cos if I go the cr way I will need one anyway
I will fit it up and see what I can get out of it on the dyno at work I can turn my fuel up more but I’m only getting around the 160 mark at the wheels and being a truck mechanic I’m always hungry for more power
if egt's are low it could have lots of room for more fuel, or sensor is reading it incorrectly. i have that before.
just before the turbo is the best spot.

keep in mind water i/c is not actually the best for performance on a diesel, especially if its one of the cheap ones on the market.
tho i think ARE make an excellent one.

I got a pwr water to air cooler set up. What is the most power you gotten out of a zd30 with direct injection?

Hey mate. If you're chasing big power, you should have a look at Jamie Knobel ECU's.

You can buy a tuned ECU for $650 or exchange your old ECU for $450.

He has multiple stages, Stage 1, Stage 2 and maybe even Stage 3. His website has all the information you need.

1614942033305.png

https://baet.com.au/product/nissan-d22-zd30-navara-ecu-remap/
There's the link mate, have a read through.

I got a pwr water to air cooler set up. What is the most power you gotten out of a zd30 with direct injection?
no idea what the biggest is. patrol guys would be the ones to check out.

our ute has IC and exhaust. we kept the tune fairly mild to keep egt's pretty tame. thats because its spent years hauling max weight loads and towing.

one of the issues with zd30 is avoiding the dreaded hand grenade.
that could be avoided all together by going common rail, but thats a big job at rewiring the ute. it would be cheaper and easier to go get a patrol ute. which would also give you a stronger driveline.

Yer that’s what I was thinking but if I went to the patrol I would just get a td42 with a 14mm pump on the side ect

Latest posts

Back