ZD30 starts but RPM limited

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jyi

Reaction score
Hey guys new here, recently purchased a Navara that starts and runs, but seems to be limited to 1000rpm. Bought this with some friends cheap as a project to go off-roading. Previous owner stated that it needs a diesel injector pump so I just wanted to get other people's opinions before we shell out a couple grand for a new one. Could it be anything else from other people's experiences?

check for air bubbles in the fuel. a bit of clear fuel line, ideally after the injection pump in case its sucking air in from the spill line. otherwise just after the filter.
the other thing is the throttle itself. we had it once where the throttle just failed and i don't recall it having a code.

it sort depends a bit on what the engine does at 1000 rpm eg is it missing, acting like its starving of fuel.

Any codes?
Did the owner give a reason that they thought it needed a new pump? Presumably they had it diagnosed already
He reckons he had it in at a diesel mechanic and that's what they diagnosed it as. I'll be digging into it this weekend and try scan it

Good plan. A new pump installed will be around $4-5k I think, unless you and your mates are very handy with the spanners. There is great advice on the job on this forum but I am not going to attempt it.
I reckon I am capable of it but I have been saving for the inevitable pump failure for a few years now so that I don't have to 😁

Hi all, just wanted to close this off. At long last this Navara is back running nice and healthy. Found a near new injector pump for $1500aud and installed it with my mate. We did procrastinate quite a lot as you can see by the time it took to finish. All in it only cost us $4200 including the car so we are very happy.

The vp 44 injector pump bosh if I remember most issues are spill valve wear
Also electronics in the top where the brain is needs fuel to keep it cool
(Look up vp44 injector pump dismantle) on you tube a really good one by a American guy who goes through it

Latest posts

Back