ZD30 Shut Off Valve Not Working?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterilux

Reaction score
Good day to everyone!
So recently whenever I shut the motor off (ZD30) I get a lot of engine shake. Before it only happen every now and then but now it does it all the time. I think it's most likely the butterfly valve on the intake that isn't closing anymore.
So my question is, do I need to replace it? Is there a way to eliminate other possible causes?
Thanks in advance!

i doubt its the actual butterfly, more likely a vacuum leak in one of the lines or actuator.
however the other common cause is its running on from engine oil. commonly because its been overfilled with oil (never go above full mark on these! and why catch cans are so highly recommended) or oil leak from worn turbo.

Engine mounts are good, I think it's the electric solenoid itself. I disconnected the brown switch to the swirl valve since I had the EGR blocked.
I then reconnected it and put it in gear and the valve closed. So that means that the system is getting vacuum and brown solenoid works.
I then put the vac line from the swirl valve onto the green solenoid (shut down one) and when I shut the motor off nothing happened. If the solenoid was good I assumed the swirl valve would have closed when I did this.
Also to check the shut off actuator is good, I put the vac line from shut off actuator onto brown solenoid and put it into gear, the shut off actuator closed the valve and I got the smooth shut off.

I thought I could just put the green plug onto the brown solenoid, and connect the vac line from the shut off actuator to that green one, so that it acts as the shut off solenoid instead of swirl, but 1)the green plug doesn't fit on the brown solenoid and 2) idk if that will work or if something will catch fire xDD

sounds like you have it about right. just check you are getting power to green solenoid etc. make sure its not a wiring problem.
you could use the brown one provided the resistance of the coil is the same. swap over plugs etc.

btw it pays to mention what country your in as your engine differs a little bit to what we get. in particular the shut off solenoid setup is different in some countries.
i'm guessing you don't have the black solenoid as well.

I'm from Trinidad and nope, I have no Black solenoid.
I got a used green one from a scrapped engine in a used parts place. It's working again!
Thanks for the replies guys! 😁

Latest posts

Back