Zd30 power loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Got a bit of a problem that’s doing my head in. Recently replaced the head on my zd30, and everything went well. Been driving it for a week now and everything was going fine! On Tuesday, jumped in to go to work, went to start it, dash lights came on and on turning to start the Ute clicked twice and lost all power. Hooked jump pack up thinking battery might be flat, and it started fine. Got about three minutes down the road and then lost power again. The Ute shut down doing 50kph down the road.
Managed to roll up onto the footpath to try and find the problem and discovered the earth strap was loose (my bad...). Tightened it up and away she went. Fantastic!
Skip to today(Thursday) after no problems the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday.
Went to start this morning, again, click click no power.... again, I hook the jump pack up, and start it. It ran for about 3 seconds and lost all power again...
Can anyone please tell me what might be going on with it? It’s doing my head in! I figured I’d post in the electrical section as I’m guessing it’d be an electrical problem?
Cheers

Didn’t have a spare battery to try, but sprayed a bit of contact cleaner in the plug for the crank angle sensor and haven’t had a problem since! Hopefully that’s a permanent fix and she’s sorted 🤔

Back