Zd30 oil pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlJT

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have had a situation. When hard braking I am getting oil light flickering for a few second and going away. I assume this is the oil pressure sensor??
After a quick search it doesn't seem I can get one in a rush, if this is the issue will it be bad to drive with for a few weeks untill one arrives. I assume this issue will progressively get worse?.
Also where is the switch located. Is there only one?

Oil/filter is 4 months old
Oil is also full
Edit it's now on permanently at idle. Assuming oil pump?

Cheers

Last edited:
got a pic of the light?
i've had a few people get the warning lights mixed up.
there is only one oil switch. best thing would be to fit a pressure gauge in its place and check oil pressure. but also check filter etc.

got a pic of the light?
i've had a few people get the warning lights mixed up.
there is only one oil switch. best thing would be to fit a pressure gauge in its place and check oil pressure. but also check filter etc.
It's the oil light. The oil can,
I'll be replacing sensor , unsure if I can get hand on a gauge but may be worth buying anyways... Filter is only 4 months old and have never had any blockages don't think this will be issue?

you never know. filter is cheap and easy. might give clue if there is metal in it etc.
i've heard of engines where the oil turned to jelly.

Howdy, yup sensors do fail ! Put a T piece so you can run a gauge and the original switch for the dash light if you want..

On the zd30 the switch is on the drivers side at the rear of the block, hope you have a body lift or Asian hands 'cause they're a pain to get too...

Just the other day coming up to Lake Burrumbeet my gauge showed really high pressures for a second or two, no light on dash but gauge spiked??? Never done it before! Just changed oil and filters so I'll see how it goes on the way home ... weird! Filter is ok, oil level ok so I'm thinking the oil pressure gauge sender may be failing..

Also, I'm not sure on your motor but the zd30 oil gallery is a dead end gallery that gets gunked up with burnt cruddy oil! I'm betting it's this crap that ruins the sender switches, when I first did mine I turnd the block over with the switch out and cleared that oil gallery... yup, big hunk of crap came out then clean oil squirted across the floor lol

Scarey when the dash lights come on huh nothing worse! Good luck...

Howdy, yup sensors do fail ! Put a T piece so you can run a gauge and the original switch for the dash light if you want..

On the zd30 the switch is on the drivers side at the rear of the block, hope you have a body lift or Asian hands 'cause they're a pain to get too...

Just the other day coming up to Lake Burrumbeet my gauge showed really high pressures for a second or two, no light on dash but gauge spiked??? Never done it before! Just changed oil and filters so I'll see how it goes on the way home ... weird! Filter is ok, oil level ok so I'm thinking the oil pressure gauge sender may be failing..

Also, I'm not sure on your motor but the zd30 oil gallery is a dead end gallery that gets gunked up with burnt cruddy oil! I'm betting it's this crap that ruins the sender switches, when I first did mine I turnd the block over with the switch out and cleared that oil gallery... yup, big hunk of crap came out then clean oil squirted across the floor lol

Scarey when the dash lights come on huh nothing worse! Good luck...
Thanks will give that a trywhen I get round to taking sensor out.

Good to hear Carl. Oil light illuminating while you're driving is never a pleasant experience lol.

Latest posts

Back