ZD30 Dramas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukey

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently doing fuel pump and timing and balance chains etc. I have gotten all apart. Didn't pull the box either just pulled pump studs x 4 out 4 x engine mount bolts and lifted engine for the clearance. Diff out of course. My drama is ive taken over this job, been assured its timed so pull it down I do and find its on No 1 bdc not tdc. Cams are out, pump gear off and I cant turn the crank more than 3/4 stroke one way and about half stroke the other. Hitting valves by the feels of things but again no cams in so valves should be closed. NOPE NOT NISSANS. Can anyone tell me why this is?

I found once I removed scissor gear it turned fine. The gear did release at one point but I loaded it back up and bolted together. Does this really mean I cant use this scissor gear now? Is this just because they think we can't re load the gear or some reason I dont know about?

unfortunately thats the case. there is no tool to wind the scissor gear back up and no specs on how tight its meant to be.
sounds like injection pump is locked up if you could not rotate it.

Latest posts

Back