ZD30 crank sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eamoncooke

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a zd30 nav d22 and it is throwing up p0407 crank sensor. no movement on tacho. replaced sensor with new one from nissan.
Still throwing code and no tacho, wont start. cleaned all earth points and tested connectivity, all fine, tested connectitivty between 2 sensor wires and all fine.
Changed starter to a new one, no change,
Measured clearance for sensor sitting at 1mm.
I am at a loss now anyone got any ideas.
Many thanks Eamon

did you test for short to ground? especially on ecu side (ie wire rubbed on something)
check the crank plate is not bent or loose.

otherwise you really need a scope to see if a pulse is being generated.
then its check wiring back to ecu, if thats all ok and sensor is putting out clean pulse, then its ecu issue.

also makes sure its not swapped with the temp sensor thats plugged in just above it.

tested for short to ground none. crank plate is not loose, cannot find any measurements for the crank plate to measure and see if it is bent.
have tested wires from sensor to ecu and have conductivity and tested resistance from ecu to sensor and used other nav to see if the same and they are near enough, temp sensor and crank have different fittings i am pretty sure but definetly in right on as i tested sensor to ecu pins

time to put scope on it.
its either ecu problem, or the sensor is picking up a lot of interference which is bad enough the ecu thinks the sensor is stuffed. only a scope will tell you that.

got it towed into mechanic to scope, but said f it I will try it when the tow truck was on the way out. Primed it and guess what it runs ha. Dont know how or why but they are going to scope it and make sure and then but radiator back in etc and service while they have it.

Back